Ion Beam Analysis and Normal-State Conduction Mechanisms for (Bi, Pb)-2223 and (Tl, Pb)/Sr-1212 Superconducting Phases Substituted by Ruthenium
Superconducting samples of type Bi1.8Pb0.4Sr2Ca2.1Cu3−x Ru x O10+δ , (Bi, Pb)-2223, with 0.0≤x≤0.4 and type Tl0.5Pb0.5Sr1.6Ba0.4CaCu2−x Ru x O7−δ , (Tl, Pb)/Sr-1212, with 0.0≤x≤0.525 were synthesized using the standard solid-state reaction technique. The lattice parameters and the surface morphology for these samples were determined using X-ray powder diffraction (XRD) and scanning electron microscope (SEM) measurements, respectively. All element-contents of the samples prepared were estimated from the electron dispersive X-ray (EDX) technique, and their results were compared with those obtained from particle-induced X-ray emission (PIXE). In addition, the oxygen-content was determined using elastic Rutherford backscattering spectroscopy (RBS) technique at 3 MeV proton beam. The superconducting transition temperature T c and the hole carrier concentration P were determined from the electrical resistivity measurement. The data of both T c and P for Bi1.8Pb0.4Sr2Ca2.1Cu3−x Ru x O10+δ and Tl0.5Pb0.5Sr1.6Ba0.4CaCu2−x Ru x O7−δ phases increased up to x=0.05 and 0.075, respectively and then they decreased as x increased. The superconductivity was completely destroyed around x=0.4 and 0.525 for (Bi, Pb)-2223 and (Tl, Pb)/Sr-1212 phases, respectively. The normal-state electrical resistivity data were analyzed using the two and three dimensional variable range hopping (2D-VRH and 3D-VRH) and the Coulomb gab (CG).
KeywordsRu-content (Bi, Pb)-2223 (Tl, Pb)/Sr-1212 PIXE RBS Conduction mechanism
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cyrot, M., Pavuna, D.: Introduction to Superconductivity and High-T c Materials, p. 249. World Scientific, Singapore (1995) Google Scholar
- 22.Harrison, J.F., Eldred, R.A.: Adv. X-ray Anal. 17, 560 (1973) Google Scholar
- 25.Mayer, M.: SIMNRA User’s guide. Report IPP 9/113, Max-Planck Institut für Plasmaphysik, Garching, Germany (1997) Google Scholar
- 28.Liu, R.S., Zhou, W., Janes, R., Edwards, P.P.: Solid State Commun. 76, 1265 (1990) Google Scholar
- 41.Abrikosov, A., Gor’kov, L.P.: Sov. Phys. JETP 12, 1243 (1961) Google Scholar
- 44.Shklovskii, B.I., Efros, A.L.: Electronic Properties of Doped Semiconductors, vol. 45, Springer, Berlin (1984) Google Scholar
- 48.Mott, N.F., Davis, E.A.: Electronic Processes in Noncrystalline Materials, 2nd edn. Clarendon, Oxford (1979) Google Scholar