An Introduction to Numerical Methods in Superconductors
- 371 Downloads
A summary is given of some of the various numerical methods which have been used to solve the field equations in superconductors. Some comparisons are made between the commonest methods and constitutive equations used. The difficulties in extending methods to three-dimensional situations are discussed. These include not only the numerical problems but also the lack of suitable parameters for describing flux cutting. Other problems which need to be addressed are losses in complete solenoids of pancake coils and the results of many hysteretic cycles.
KeywordsVortex Critical State Wire Array Twisted Tape Bean Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Witzeling, W.: Computation of screening currents in superconducting persistent current devices. In: Cryogenics, pp. 29–32 (1976) Google Scholar
- 3.Coombs, T.A., Campbell, A.M., Murphy, A., Emmens, M.: A fast algorithm for calculating the critical state in superconductors. Compel 20, 240–252 (2001) Google Scholar
- 5.Vanderbemden, P., Hong, Z., Coombs, T.A., Denis, S., Ausloos, M., Schwartz, J., Rutel, I.B., Babu, N.H., Cardwell, D.A., Campbell, A.M.: Behavior of bulk high-temperature superconductors of finite thickness subjected to crossed magnetic fields: experiment and model. Phys. Rev. B 75, 174515 (2007) CrossRefADSGoogle Scholar
- 9.Campbell, A.M.: Electromagnetic properties of superconductors. In: Cardwell, D.A., Ginley, D.S. (eds.) Handbook of Superconducting Materials, pp. 1217–1253. IOP, Amsterdam (2003) Google Scholar
- 22.Yuan, W.J., Campbell, A.M., Coombs, T.A.: A model for calculating the AC losses of second-generation high temperature superconductor pancake coils. Supercond. Sci. Technol. 22 (2009) Google Scholar
- 24.Yan, Y., Li, Q., Coombs, T.A.: Thermally actuated magnetization flux pump in single-grain YBCO bulk. Supercond. Sci. Technol. 22 (2009) Google Scholar