Molecular structure of a coordination compound tris(phenanthroline)zinc(II) 2,2′-Bipyridyl-5,5′-dicarboxylate dodecahydrate
- 62 Downloads
The [Zn(phen)3](2,2′-Bipy-5,5′-dicarboxylate)·12H2O complex is synthesized and its crystal structure is determined by single crystal X-ray crystallography. The crystals of the coordination compound have a monoclinic unit cell with parameters a = 12.2533(14) Å, b = 18.976(2) Å, c = 22.426(3) Å, β = 105.675(2)°, V = 5020.54(300) Å3, Z = 4, P21/n space group. The environment of the Zn atom is a distorted octahedron of six N atoms belonging to three coordinated phen molecules. In the structure, π-π interactions between phen molecules as well as between phen molecules and 2,2′-bipyridyl-5,5′-dicarboxylate anions give rise to the formation of three-dimensional ensembles. The 2,2′-bipyridyl-5,5′-dicarboxylate anion and twelve water molecules are not coordinated, and the molecules of water of crystallization make clusters.
Keywordscrystal structure 1,10-phenanthroline 2,2′-bipyridyl-5,5′-dicarboxylic acid π-π interactions water clusters
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. Wang, Bio. Chem., Tsinghua University Press, Beijing (1988).Google Scholar
- 3.M. M. Tahir and K. D. Karlim, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 114, 7659 (1992).Google Scholar
- 6.R. F. Klevtsova, L. A. Glinskaya, T. G. Leonova, and S. V. Larionov, J. Struct. Chem., 42, No. 1, 293–301 (2001).Google Scholar
- 7.R. Ludwing, Chem. Phys. Chem., 1, 53 (2002).Google Scholar
- 8.M. Henry, Chem. Phys. Chem., 3, 607 (2002).Google Scholar
- 10.C. J. Janiak, Chem. Soc., Dalton Trans., 3885 (2000).Google Scholar
- 11.Ya-G. Sun, D. Z. Wei, E. Ju. Gao, and F. Ding, Acta Chim. Sinica, 62 (2004).Google Scholar