Radiation changes in the spectral characteristics of silicon dioxide modifications
- 32 Downloads
The results of a comparative study on the modification of the properties of glassy and crystalline silicon dioxide under the radiation induced structural rearrangement are presented. The patterns of a non-linear change in the spectral parameters of bending vibrations of the Si—O—Si bonds in the function of fast neutron flux are revealed. The radiation kinetics of the peak value of the reflection coefficient and the respective frequency modes in the silicon dioxide modifications are compared. The graphs are found to demonstrate a dose dependence of the spectral parameters of special points. They are considered to be related to a radiation-induced rearrangement of the original structure accompanied by a deformation of the bridging bond angles.
Keywordssilicon dioxide glassy crystalline modification patterns spectral characteristics fast neutrons.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.V. O. Plotnichenko, E. M. Sokolov, and E. M. Dianov, Neorg. Mater., 36, 464–469 (2000).Google Scholar
- 5.I. Kh. Abdukadyrova, Dokl. Akad. Nauk Resp. Uzb., 11, 43–46 (1996).Google Scholar
- 6.I. Kh. Abdukadyrova, Abstracts of Reports at the Third International Conference on Modern Problems of Nuclear Physics, August 23–27, Bukhara (1999), pp. 319/320.Google Scholar
- 7.A. N. Trukhin, Zh. Prikl. Spektroskop., 5, 800–805 (1991).au]Google Scholar
- 8.A. B. Pakovich, A. N. Streletskii, L. N. Skuya, et al., Khim. Fiz., 5, 812–821 (1986).Google Scholar