Structure of heteroassociates formed in the HF-(C2H5)2O liquid system
- 45 Downloads
The aim of this work was to determine the structure of stable heteroassociates (HAs) with the stoichiometric ratios 1:2, 2:1, and 4:1 of molecules formed in the HF-(C2H5)2O binary liquid system. The stretching frequencies of HF molecules found for each HA using a special procedure for processing IR spectra were compared with the calculated frequencies V HF of the stable molecular complexes (HF)m ((C2H5)2O)n (m = 1, 2, 4, 8; n = 1, 2) with different topologies by the density functional method (B3LYP/6-31++G(d,p)). As a result, it was shown that the most stable (among H-bonded complexes with the same stoichiometric ratio of molecules) HAs HF((C2H5)2O)2, (HF)4 ((C2H5)2O)2, and (HF)8-((C2H5)2O)2 formed in HF solutions in diethyl ether. All of them had a cyclic structure and a common peculiarity of structure: only one lone electron pair of the oxygen atom of the (C2H5)2O molecules is involved in hydrogen bonding.
Keywordsbinary liquid system IR spectrum quantum-chemical calculation hydrogen bond heteroassociates hydrogen fluoride diethyl ether
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.G. V. Yukhnevich and E. G. Tarakanova, Dokl. Akad. Nauk, 402, No. 5, 639 (2005).Google Scholar
- 4.Chemical Encyclopedia [in Russian], Sovetskaya Entsiklopedia, Vol. 2, Moscow (1990), p. 22.Google Scholar
- 5.G. V. Yukhnevich, E. G. Tarakanova, A. V. Kepman, et al., Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 57, No. 9, 1833 (2008).Google Scholar
- 7.M. J. Frisch, G. W. Trucks, H. B. Schlegel, et al., GAUSSIAN-98 (Revision A.1), Gaussian, Inc., Pittsburgh PA (1998).Google Scholar
- 8.E. G. Tarakanova, O. Yu. Tsoi, G. V. Yukhnevich, et al., Khim. Fiz., 27, No. 2, 19 (2008).Google Scholar