Photoinduced isomerization of 4-(4′-dimethylaminostyryl) pyridine N-oxide
- 80 Downloads
The effects of photoirradiation on the conformation state of 4-(4′-dimethylaminostyryl)pyridine N-oxide was studied by spectral (EAS, 1H NMR, IR) and thermochemical methods. Trans→cis isomerization was found to proceed in 4-(4′-dimethylaminostyryl)pyridine N-oxide irradiated with light (λ ≤ 400 nm) in chloroform. The conversion of the trans form of 4-(4′-dimethylaminostyryl)pyridine N-oxide to the cis form depends on the time and intensity of irradiation. Maximum conversion was achieved when a photostationary mixture formed with a ratio of components trans:cis = 40:60. Further irradiation of the solutions of 4-(4′-dimethylaminostyryl)pyridine N-oxide in chloroform led to salification with HCl formed during the decomposition of CHCl3.
Keywords4-(4′-dimethylaminostyryl)pyridine N-oxide photoirradiation trans ⇄ cis isomerization photostationary mixture
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.V. V. Prezhdo, E. V. Vashchenko, and O. V. Prezhdo, Zh. Obshch. Khim., 70, No. 1, 128–136 (2000).Google Scholar
- 6.S. P. Ponomarenko, Yu. Ya. Borovikov, G. S. Borovikova, et al., Ukr. Khim. Zh., 59, No. 8, 883–888 (1993).Google Scholar
- 7.G. D. Titskii and M. K. Turovskaya, USSR Inventor’s Certificate No. 1599366, Byull. Izobret. (1990).Google Scholar
- 8.Ivashevskaja S.N., Aleshina L.A., Andreev V.P. et al., Acta Crystallogr., 59, 1006–1008 (2003).Google Scholar
- 10.R. M. Silverstein, G. C. Bassler, and T. C. Morrill, Spectrometric Identification of Organic Compounds, Wiley, New York (1981).Google Scholar
- 11.V. P. Andreev, E. G. Batotsyrenova, A. V. Ryzhakov, and L. L. Rodina, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 8, 1093–1102 (1998).Google Scholar
- 12.A. S. Dneprovskii and T. I. Temnikova, Theoretical Principles of Organic Chemistry [in Russian], Khimiya, Leningrad (1991).Google Scholar