X-ray diffraction analysis of microregions of a cumulative coating on titanium
- 35 Downloads
Quantitative X-ray diffraction analysis of different parts of the coating on titanium obtained by cumulative explosion is performed. The examination of microregions of the coating sized from 1 mm to 0.1 mm reveals that the phase based on the cubic cell of titanium nitride dominates in the upper layers. The predominance of this phase in some regions of the coating provides their increased microhardness. Crystal chemical and EDX analyses indicate the development of non-stoichiometric phases of complex composition. The problem of site occupation factors of light atoms arising in the full-profile refinement of powder X-ray patterns is discussed.
Keywordstitanium titanium nitride full-profile refinement X-ray phase analysis microhardness
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. A. Gromilov, S. A. Kinelovskii, Yu. N. Popov, and Yu. A. Trishin, A Method of Deposition of Coatings Comprising High-Melting Metals and Their Compounds with Light Metalloids, Russian Patent RU No. 2144574C1, Otkrytiya, Izobreteniya, No. 2 (2000).Google Scholar
- 3.S. A. Gromilov, A. V. Alekseev, S. A. Kinelovskii, and I. B. Kireenko, Fizika Goreniya i Vzryva, 39, No. 6, 131–136 (2003).Google Scholar
- 4.S. A. Gromilov, A. V. Alekseev, S. A. Kinelovskii, and I. B. Kireenko, ibid., 40, No. 3, 125–131 (2004).Google Scholar
- 5.S. A. Kinelovskii, A. V. Alekseev, S. A. Gromilov, and I. B. Kireenko, ibid., 42, No. 2, 121–127 (2006).Google Scholar
- 8.Inorganic Crystal Structure Database, ICSD, Fachinformationszentrum Karlsruhe, D-1754 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen, Germany (2001).Google Scholar
- 9.Powder Diffraction File, Inorganic Phases, Alphabetical Index, ICDD, USA (1995).Google Scholar