New crystal modification of the di(nitrato)di(aqua)palladium(II) complex β-trans-[Pd(NO3)2(H2O)2]
- 65 Downloads
Single crystals of a new modification of the di(nitrato)di(aqua)palladium(II) complex β-trans-[Pd(NO3)2(H2O)2] were obtained. Their crystal structure was determined: monoclinic crystal system, a = 5.7469(4) Å, b = 5.3942(6) Å, c = 10.0956(10) Å, β = 97.401(3)°, P21/c, Z = 2, d calc = 2.851 g/cm3, Bruker X8 APEX CCD, MoK α , 836 independent reflections, room temperature. The square-plane coordination of the Pd atom is formed by four oxygen atoms (Pd-O(NO3) 2.003(3) Å and Pd-O(H2O) 2.021(4) Å) and completed to a distorted bipyramid by two intramolecular contacts (Pd…O(NO3) 2.893 Å). A comparative crystal-chemical analysis with α-trans-[Pd(NO3)2(H2O)2] was carried out.
Keywordspalladium nitrates coordination compounds crystal structure crystal chemistry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. M. Gatehause, S. E. Livingstone, and R. S. Nyholm, J. Chem. Soc., No. 10, 4222 (1957).Google Scholar
- 2.C. C. Addison and B. G. Ward, Chem. Commun., No. 6, 155 (1966).Google Scholar
- 3.V. S. Shmidt, N. A. Shorokhov, A. A. Vashman, et al., Zh. Neorg. Khim., 27, No. 5, 1254 (1982).Google Scholar
- 8.G. M. Sheldrick, SHELXS-97 and SHELXL. Program for the Refinement of Crystal Structure, Univ. Göttingen, Germany (1997).Google Scholar
- 11.V. A. Blatov, IUCr Cryst. Comm. Newslett., issue 7, 4–38 (http://www.iucr.org/iucr-top/comm/ccom/newsletters/) (2006).