On determination of the response characteristics of detectors used in gas electron diffraction
- 22 Downloads
The methods of determining and taking into account the nonlinearity of the response characteristics of photographic materials used in gas electron diffraction experiments are considered. A technique is proposed that yields reliable characteristics of the nonlinearity of photographic materials based on the instrumental background of an electron diffraction apparatus measured at multiple exposure times. Experiments are carried out and the response curve of the photo emulsion of KODAK SO-193 used in the electron diffraction laboratory of the Chemistry Department of MSU is determined. The developed technique can be applied to determine the response characteristics of various registering devices.
Keywordsgas electron diffraction diffraction pattern recording blackness correction response characteristics of photo emulsion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. P. Novikov, “Molecular Conformations and Dynamic Model in Gas Electron Diffraction” [in Russian], Dissertation work for Doctor of Sciences degree, Moscow State Univ. (2001).Google Scholar
- 3.E. G. Atavin and L. V. Vilkov, Pribory Tekhn. Eksp., No. 6, 27–30 (2002).Google Scholar
- 4.A. A. Lebedev (ed.), Electron Microscopy [in Russian], GITTL, Moscow (1954).Google Scholar
- 6.J. Karle and I. L. Karle, ibid., 1522/1523.Google Scholar
- 7.R. C. Valentine, in: Advances in Optical and Electron Microscopy, R. Baerer and V. E. Cosslett (eds.), Academic Press, New York (1966), pp. 180–203.Google Scholar
- 10.S. Gundersen, T. G. Strand, and H. V. Volden, The Norwegian Electron Diffraction Group, Annual report (1996), Oslo (1997), pp. 13–20.Google Scholar