Synthesis of non-equilibrium PtxOs1−x Solid solutions. Crystal structure of [Pt(NH3)4][OsCl6]
- 49 Downloads
Several non-equilibrium solid solutions belonging to the platinum-osmium systems Os0.9Pt0.1, Os0.8Pt0.2, Os0.5Pt0.5, Os0.7Pt0.3, Os0.75Pt0.25 are prepared and studied. The thermal decomposition of [Pt(NH3)4][OsCl6] in the hydrogen and helium atmosphere is investigated. It is found that the Pt0.5Os0.5 solid solution develops through the formation of (NH4)2[OsCl6] and a metallic phase based on Pt. The crystal structure of a double complex salt [Pt(NH3)4][OsCl6] is studied (X8-APEX Bruker, 1508 independent reflections, R = 2.04%). Crystal data for PtOsN4Cl6H12 are: a = 11.6216(5) Å, b = 11.0016(5) Å, c = 10.3819(5) Å, V = 1327.4(1) Å3, space group Cmca, Z = 4, d x = 3.333 g/cm3. The coordination polyhedron around Os is octahedral: 〈Os-Cl〉 2.357 Å, ∠Cl-Os-Cl 89.5–90.5°, while around Pt it is square-planar: Pt-N 2.046 Å, ∠ N-Pt-N 89.59° and 90.41°.
Keywordsplatinum osmium thermal decomposition powder X-ray diffraction crystal chemical analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. I. Gubanov, “Double complexes with tetraammine cations — precursors of metallic powders” Abstract of Chemical Sciences Candidate’s Dissertation, Institute of Inorganic Chemistry, Siberian Division, Russian Academy of Sciences, Novosibirsk (2003).Google Scholar
- 2.A. I. Gubanov, S. V. Korenev, S. A. Gromilov, et al., J. Struct. Chem., 41, No. 2, P. 340–343 (2000).Google Scholar
- 3.S. V. Korenev, S. V. Filatov, Yu. V. Shubin, et al., Zh. Neorg. Khim., 41, No. 5, 770–775 (1996).Google Scholar
- 6.N. P. Lyakishev (ed.), Phase Diagrams of Binary Metallic Systems [in Russian], V. 3, book 1, Moscow, Mashinostroenie (2001).Google Scholar
- 7.S. V. Korenev, V. I. Alekseev, S. A. Gromilov, et al., Zh. Neorg. Khim., 44, No. 9, 1504–1506 (1999).Google Scholar
- 10.Powder Diffraction File. Alphabetical Index. Inorganic Phases, JCPDS, International Centre for Diffraction Data, Pennsylvania, USA (1983).Google Scholar
- 12.G. M. Sheldrick, SHELX-97. Release 97-1, Univ. Göttingen, Germany (1997).Google Scholar