Metal solid solutions obtained by thermolysis of Pt and Re salts. Crystal structure of [Pt(NH3)4](ReO4)2
A complex salt of tetraammineplatinum(II) perrhenate [Pt(NH3)4](ReO4)2 has been synthesized. Crystal data: a = 5.1847(6) Å, b = 7.7397(8) Å, c = 7.9540(9) Å, α = 69.531(3)°, β = 79.656(3)°, γ = 77.649(3)°, V = 290,19(6) Å3, space group \(P\bar 1\), Z = 1, d x = 4.370 g/cm3. The products of decomposition of [Pt(NH3)4](ReO4)2 in a hydrogen atmosphere were investigated using X-ray phase analysis. In definite temperature modes, these are Pt0.33Re0.67 solid solutions based on Re with hcp cell parameters a = 2.76 Å, c = 4.42 Å. The products of thermolysis obtained from other precursor complex salts containing both Pt and Re were investigated. Thus Pt0.75Re0.25 solid solution with a = 3.905(3) Å was obtained from (NH4)2[ReCl6]0.25[PtCl6]0.75.
Keywordsplatinum rhenium thermolysis crystal chemistry X-ray diffraction analysis X-ray phase analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. Trzebyatowski and I. Berak, Izv. Polsk. Akad. Nauk., 2, No. 1, 37 (1954).Google Scholar
- 3.E. M. Savitskii, M. A. Tylkina, and K. B. Povarova, Rhenium Alloys [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1965).Google Scholar
- 4.A. I. Gubanov, “Binary complexes with tetraammine cations: precursors of metal powders,” Chemical Sciences Candidate’s Dissertation, Institute of Inorganic Chemistry, Siberian Division, Russian Academy of Sciences, Novosibirsk (2001).Google Scholar
- 5.I. V. Korolkov, A. I. Gubanov, and S. A. Gromilov, Zh. Strukt. Khim., 46, No. 3, 492–500 (2005).Google Scholar
- 6.S. A. Gromilov, S. V. Korenev, I. V. Korolkov, et al., ibid., 45, No. 3, 508–515 (2004).Google Scholar
- 7.I. I. Chernyaev, Synthesis of Complex Compounds from Platinum Metal Group [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1964).Google Scholar
- 8.Powder Diffraction File. Alphabetical Index. Inorganic Phases, JCPDS, International Center for Diffraction Data, PA, USA (1983).Google Scholar
- 9.R. J. Wasilewski, Trans. Metallurg. Soc. AIME, 221, 1081/1082 (1961).Google Scholar
- 11.G. M. Sheldrick, SHELXS-97 and SHELXL. Program for Refinement of Crystal Structure, Univ. Göttingen, Germany (1997).Google Scholar
- 12.A. C. Larson and R. B. Von Dreele, General Structure Analysis System, Los Alamos National Laboratory Report LAUR (2000), pp. 86–748.Google Scholar
- 13.S. I. Pechenyuk, V. Ya. Kuznetsov, R. A. Popova, et al., Zh. Neorg. Khim., 24, No. 12, 3306–3308.Google Scholar
- 15.V. A. Ushakov, E. M. Moroz, K. G. Richter, et al., Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 219, No. 1, 158–161 (1974).Google Scholar