Statistical thermodynamics and dielectric properties of dipole-quadrupole hard-sphere fluid
- 38 Downloads
Within a hindered rotation model, approximate analytical expressions have been obtained for thermodynamic functions and the Kirkwood factor of the model polar fluid of dipole-quadrupole hard spheres in the nearest neighbor approximation. A peculiarity of the considered system from the viewpoint of the hindered rotation model is the ability to generate a three-dimensional grid of quadrupole-bonded molecules, as indicated by the behavior of quadrupole hard-sphere fluid at large values of the quadrupole moment.
Keywordsstatistical thermodynamics Kirkwood factor dielectric permittivity polar fluids dipolequadrupole hard spheres quadrupole hard spheres
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. B. Litinski, Zh. Strukt. Khim., 39, No. 5, 843–850 (1998).Google Scholar
- 2.G. B. Litinski, ibid., 45, No. 1, 86–93 (2004).Google Scholar
- 3.G. Stell, G. N. Patey, and J. S. Hoye, Adv. Chem. Phys., 48, 183–328 (1981).Google Scholar
- 6.D. Éisenberg and V. Kautsman, Water Structure and Properties [in Russian], Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad (1975).Google Scholar
- 8.G. B. Litinski, Chem. Phys., 18, No. 2, 55–59 (1999).Google Scholar
- 9.G. B. Litinski and R. A. Savchuk, Bulletin of Kharkov University, No. 11, 45–47 (2004).Google Scholar