Synthesis and structure of bis(1,2-diaminoethane) copper(II) bis(o-hydroxybenzoate) monohydrate and trans-diaquabis(1,2-diaminoethane)copper(II) bis(o-aminobenzoate)
- 70 Downloads
X-ray structural analysis has been performed for two complex compounds: Cu(en)2(o-HB)2H2O (I) (a = 16.873(4) Å, b = 8.713(2) Å, c = 14.803(3) Å, β = 91.15(2)°, V = 2175.8(8) Å3, C2/c, Z = 4, R(F) = 0.0263, 1516 reflections with I > 3σ (I)) and [Cu(en)2(OH2)2]2+(o-AB−)2 (II) (a = 7.488(5) Å, b = 22.122(8) Å, c = 7.856(5) Å, β = 118.77(2)°, V = 1140.7(11) Å3, P21/n, Z = 2, R(F) = 0.0432, 1684 reflections with I > 3σ(I)) synthesized under identical conditions (en is ethylenediamine, o-HB is o-hydroxybenzoate, and o-AB is o-aminobenzoate). Although the compounds were assumed to have similar structures and the Cu-Lig bond lengths and the cis and trans angles are acceptable for an octahedral structure, the geometric parameters of o-HB suggest that the copper atom has a plane square environment.
Keywordscomplex compounds synthesis structural analysis transition metals hydroxybenzoate aminobenzoate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. E. Kriss, I. I. Volchenkova, A. S. Grigorieva, et al., Coordination Compounds of Metals in Medicine [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1986).Google Scholar
- 2.G. M. Sheldrick, SHELXTL, User Manual, Revision 4, Nicolet XRD Corporation, USA (1983).Google Scholar
- 3.É. B. Miminoshvili, A. N. Sobolev, L. A. Beridze, and K. É. Miminoshvili, GEN, 2, 108–113 (2003).Google Scholar
- 4.É. B. Miminoshvili, “Synthesis and structure of coordination compounds of 3d metals with biologically active ligands,” Chemical Sciences Candidate’s Dissertation, Georgian Technical University, Tbilisi, (1993).Google Scholar
- 5.J. Cai and X.-L. Feng, Acta Crystallogr., C57, 1168–1170 (2001).Google Scholar
- 8.A. E. Shvelashvili, É. B. Miminoshvili, V. K. Bel’sky, et al., Russ. J. Inorg. Chem., 46, No. 9, 1345–1347 (2001).Google Scholar
- 9.A. E. Shvelashvili, É. B. Miminoshvili, V. K. Bel’sky, et al., ibid., No. 6, 824–826.Google Scholar
- 10.É. B. Miminoshvili, A. N. Sobolev, T. N. Sakvarelidze, et al., Acta Crystallogr., C59, 118–120 (2003).Google Scholar
- 11.A. N. Sobolev, É. B. Miminoshvili, K. É. Miminoshvili, and T. N. Sakvarelidze, ibid., E59, 836/837 (2003).Google Scholar
- 12.É. B. Miminoshvili, A. N. Sobolev, K. É. Miminoshvili, and T. N. Sakvarelidze, ibid., E60, 319–321 (2004).Google Scholar
- 13.A. E. Shvelashvili and M. A. Porai-Koshits, Stereochemistry of Coordination Compounds of Some Metals with Cycleforming Amines [in Russian], Metsniereba, Tbilisi (1979).Google Scholar