Crystal and molecular structure of 2-(o-hydroxyphenyl)-4,6-diphenylpyridine
- 26 Downloads
Crystal and molecular structure of 2-(o-hydroxyphenyl)-4,6-diphenylpyridine C23H17NO (I) has been studied by single crystal XRD. The structure (monoclinic, space group P21/c, a = 8.757(2) Å, b = 20.682(4) Å, c = 9.743(2) Å, β = 108.14(2)°, Z = 4) was solved by the direct method and refined anisotropically in the full-matrix approximation to R = 0.076 using all 2660 measured independent reflections (automated diffractometer CAD-4, CuKα). OH group of the molecule of I is disordered in the crystal over three positions with occupation factors 70%, 15% and 15%. The structure contains a very strong intramolecular hydrogen bond O-H⋯N disordered over three directions.
Keywordssingle crystal X-ray diffraction analysis 2-(o-hydroxyphenyl)-4,6-diphenylpyridine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. H. Allen, Acta Crystallogr., B58, No. 3/1, 380–388 (2002).Google Scholar
- 2.L. Kaczmarek, R. Balicki, J. Lipkowski, et al., J. Chem. Soc. Perkin Trans. 2, No. 7, 1603–1610 (1994).Google Scholar
- 3.K. Yamaguchi, Y. Itoh, T. Itoh, et al., Acta Crystallogr., C46, No. 11, 2260–2262 (1990).Google Scholar
- 4.G. M. Sheldrick, The SHELX-97 Manual, Univ. Göttingen, Göttingen (1997).Google Scholar
- 5.International Tables for Crystallography, Vol. C, Kluwer, Dordrecht (1992).Google Scholar
- 6.F. H. Allen, O. Kennard, D. G. Watson, et al., J. Chem. Soc. Perkin Trans. 2, No. 12, S1–S19 (1987).Google Scholar
- 7.A. Bondi, J. Phys. Chem., 68, No. 3, 441–451 (1964).Google Scholar
- 8.E. P. Olekhnovich, I. V. Korobka, G. S. Borodkin, et al., Zh. Org. Khim., 32, No. 7, 1093–1096 (1996).Google Scholar