Numerical design of a two-cascade cylindrical microtarget for shock-free compression
- 32 Downloads
We present the numerical design of a two-cascade target. The desired target design is intended to provide a shock-free compression of the central DT core, where the fusion reactions take place. We obtain the formula for the energy deposition into each cascade internal layer for both known and unknown energy depositions into the external target layer. The two-cascade target design helps to increase the energy deposition into the DT layer and therefore decrease the energy required for the target ignition.
Keywordsinertial confinement fusion fusion target design shock-free compression gas dynamics numerical calculations
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. V. Dolgoleva and A. V. Zabrodin, Aeromechanics and Gas Dynamics, 2, 40 (2002) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.K. P. Staniukovich, Unsteady Motion of Continuous Media, Pergamon Press (1960).Google Scholar
- 3.G. V. Dolgoleva, Problems of Nuclear Science and Technology. Series: Methods and Programs for Numerical Solution of Mathematical Physics Problems, 2, 29 (1983) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.G. V. Dolgoleva and A. V. Zabrodin, Energy Cumulation in Layered Systems and Realization of Shock-Free Compression, Fizmatlit, Moscow (2004) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.G. V. Dolgoleva, Nizhny Novgorod Univ. Vestn., 4, 754 (2011) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.B. N. Kozlov, At. Energ., 12, 238 (1962) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.G. M. Eliseev and G. E. Klimishov, “Equation of state of solids and its spline-approximation,” Preprint of the Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics [in Russian], Moscow (1982), No. 173.Google Scholar