Copper complex of isatin Schiff base encapsulated in zeolite as active heterogeneous catalyst: an efficient protocol for the acetylation reaction
- 134 Downloads
Copper (II) complex of 3-phenylimino-1,3-dihydro-indol-2-one encapsulated in the super cages of zeolite-Y has been synthesized by flexible ligand method and characterized by various physicochemical measurements. The catalytic activity of cationic exchanged zeolite, copper complex of ligand and complex encapsulated inside the zeolite was investigated for the decomposition of H2O2 and for the acetylation of p-cresol. All catalysts show good to excellent yield. The results showed that conversion of p-cresol varies in the order homogeneous complex < Na-Y-Zeolite < Cu-Y-Zeolite < heterogeneous complex.
KeywordsEncapsulation Zeolite-Y Catalyst Hydrogen peroxide Decomposition Acetylation
The authors gratefully acknowledge Prof. Ramakrishna Reddy, Department of Chemistry, Government Science College, Bangalore for his valuable suggestion for carrying out this research work.
- 8.K.K. Fodor, G.A. Sebastiaan, R.A. Sheldon, Enantiomer 4, 497 (1999)Google Scholar
- 12.S. Seelan, A.K. Sinha, D. Srinivas, S. Sivasanker, Bull. Catal. Soc. India 1, 29 (2002)Google Scholar
- 15.D.D. Perrin, W.L.F. Armanego, D.R. Perrin, Purification of Laboratory Chemicals (Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1966)Google Scholar
- 18.J. Bassett, R.C. Denney, G.H. Jeffery, J. Mendham, Vogel’s Textbook of Quantitative Inorganic Analysis, 4th edn. (Longman Scientific and Technical, London, 1978)Google Scholar
- 19.C. Subrahmanyam, B. Louis, B. Viswanathan, A. Renken, T.K. Varadarajan, Bull. Catal. Soc. India 3 (2004)Google Scholar
- 20.M. Verma, S.N. Pandeya, K.N. Singh, J.P. Stables, Acta Pharm. 54(1), 49 (2004)Google Scholar
- 22.R. Rao, K.R. Reddy, K.N. Mahendra, Bul. Chem. Commun. 46(1), 11 (2014)Google Scholar