Oxovanadium(IV) salicylidene Schiff base complex anchored on mesoporous silica MCM-41 as hybrid materials: a robust catalyst for the oxidation of sulfides
Oxovanadium(IV) Schiff base complex have been anchored onto the surface of purely siliceous MCM-41 and tested for its activity as catalyst for the oxidation of sulfides. This catalyst could alter this oxidation reaction extremity, exhibiting excellent yields with 100 % selectivity. The intercalation of the complex inside the silica matrix was supported by various characterization techniques like X-ray diffraction, differential thermogravimetric (TG-DTA), BET measurements, UV–Vis diffuse reflectance spectroscopy and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR). The stability of the catalyst during the course of the reaction was confirmed from its post catalytic FT-IR and XRD analysis. The catalyst could be reused five times without notable loss of its catalytic activity and efficiency which indicates that the metal-Schiff base moiety is intact and the coordination environments are not altered during the reaction.
KeywordsSchiff base oxovanadium(IV) complex MCM-41 Catalyst H2O2 Sulfoxidation
Financial support for this work by the research affairs of Islamic Azad University, Qeshm Branch, Qeshm, Iran is gratefully acknowledged.
- 2.T.L. Turner, V.H. Nguyen, C.C. McLauchlan, Z. Dymon, B.M. Dorsey, J.D. Hooker, M.A. Jones, J. Inorg. Biochem. 96, 108 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.B.K. Singh, D. Adhikari, Int. J. Basic Appl. Chem. Sci. 2, 84 (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.A.G.J. Ligtenbarg, R. Hage, B.L. Feringa, Coord. Chem. Rev. 89, 237 (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.E. Kwiatkowski, G. Romanowski, W. Nowicki, M. Kwiatkowski, Polyhedron 2809, 25 (2006)Google Scholar
- 15.C. Pereira, A.M. Pereira, P. Quaresma, P.B. Tavares, E. Pereira, J.P. Araujo, C. Freire. Dalton Trans. 2842, 39 (2010)Google Scholar
- 26.K.S.W. Sing, D.H. Everett, R.A.W. Haul, L. Moscou, R.A. Pierotti, J. Rouquerol, T. Siemieniewska, Pure Appl. Chem. 603, 57 (1985)Google Scholar
- 27.A. Jabbari, H. Mahdavi, M. Nikoorazm, A. Ghorbani-Choghamarani, Res. Chem. Intermed. (2014 in press)Google Scholar