Kinematics Modeling and Experimentation of the Multi-manipulator Tooth-Arrangement Robot for Full Denture Manufacturing
Artificial teeth are very complicated in shape, and not easy to be grasped and manipulated accurately by a single robot. The method of tooth-arrangement by multi-manipulator for complete denture manufacturing proposed in this paper. A novel complete denture manufacturing mechanism is designed based on multi-manipulator and dental arch generator. Kinematics model of the multi-manipulator tooth-arrangement robot is built by analytical method based on tooth-arrangement principle for full denture. Preliminary experiments on tooth-arrangement are performed using the multi-manipulator tooth-arrangement robot prototype system. The multi-manipulator tooth-arrangement robot prototype system can automatically design and manufacture a set of complete denture that is suitable for a patient according to the jaw arch parameters. The experimental results verified the validity of kinematics model of the multi-manipulator tooth-arrangement robot and the feasibility of the manufacture strategy of complete denture fulfilled by multi-manipulator tooth-arrangement robot.
KeywordsTooth-arrangement Kinematics model Multi-manipulator Full denture manufacturing
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) under Grant 50675054.
- 2.Yongde, Z., Song, R., Zhao, Z., A new method of tooth implanting in robot manufacturing system of complete denture. The International Conference on Field and Service Robot(FSR2001). Helsinki, Finland, pp. 119–122, 2001.Google Scholar
- 3.Duret, F., Blouin, J. L., Duret, B., CAD-CAM in dentistry. J. Am. Dent. Assoc. 117:715–720, 1988.Google Scholar
- 6.Hiew, L. T., Ong, S. H., Foong, K. W. C., Optimal occlusion of teeth. 9th International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision. Singapore, pp. 1–5, 2006.Google Scholar
- 7.Xianming, H., Xiangrong, C., Development and applications of a computer aided complete denture design system. West China Journal of Stomatology. 11(4):235–236, 2001. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 9.Stanley, B., William, P. H., Dana, E. F., The form of the human dental arch. Angel Orthodontist. 68(1):29–36, 1998.Google Scholar
- 10.Zhang, Y., Zhao, Z., Lv, P., Robotic manufacturing of complete dentures. Proceeding of the 2001 IEEE International Conference on Robotics & Automation. Seoul, Korea, pp. 2261–2266, 2001.Google Scholar
- 12.Xin, S., Feng, L., Bing, H., A simple method for inverse kinematic analysis of the general 6R serial robot. J. Mech. Des., Transactions of the ASME. 129(8):793–798, 2007.Google Scholar