Strong Convergence Analysis of the Stochastic Exponential Rosenbrock Scheme for the Finite Element Discretization of Semilinear SPDEs Driven by Multiplicative and Additive Noise
- 424 Downloads
In this paper, we consider the numerical approximation of a general second order semilinear stochastic spartial differential equation (SPDE) driven by multiplicative and additive noise. Our main interest is on such SPDEs where the nonlinear part is stronger than the linear part also called stochastic reactive dominated transport equations. Most numerical techniques, including current stochastic exponential integrators lose their good stability properties on such equations. Using finite element for space discretization, we propose a new scheme appropriated on such equations, called stochastic exponential Rosenbrock scheme based on local linearization at every time step of the semi-discrete equation obtained after space discretization. We consider noise with finite trace and give a strong convergence proof of the new scheme toward the exact solution in the root-mean-square \(L^2\) norm. Numerical experiments to sustain theoretical results are provided.
KeywordsExponential Rosenbrock–Euler method Stochastic partial differential equations Multiplicative & additive noise Strong convergence Finite element method Errors estimate Stochastic reactive dominated transport equations
Mathematics Subject Classification65C30 74S05 74S60
This work was supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) (DAAD-Project 57142917) and the Robert Bosch Stiftung through the AIMS ARETE Chair programme (Grant No 11.5.8040.0033.0). Part of this work was done when Antoine Tambue visited TU Chemnitz. The visit was supported by TWAS-DFG Cooperation Visits Programme.
- 6.Fujita, F., Suzuki, T.: Evolution problems (part 1). In: Ciarlet, P.G., Lions, J.L. (eds.) Handbook of Numerical Analysis, vol. 2, pp. 789–928. North-Holland, Amsterdam (1991)Google Scholar
- 12.Hochbruck, M., Ostermann, A.: Explicit integrators of Rosenbrock-type. Oberwolfach Rep. 3(2), 1107–1110 (2006)Google Scholar
- 20.Larsson, S.: Nonsmooth data error estimates with applications to the study of the long-time behavior of finite element solutions of semilinear parabolic problems Preprint 1992–36, Department of Mathematics, Chalmers University of Technology (1992). http://www.math.chalmers.se/stig/papers/index.html
- 22.Mukam, J.D., Tambue, A.: A note on exponential Rosenbrock–Euler method for the finite element discretization of a semilinear parabolic partial differential equations. arXiv:1610.05525 (2016)
- 28.Schweitzer, J.: The Exponential Rosenbrock–Euler Method for Nonsmooth Initial Data. Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, preprint (2015)Google Scholar
- 29.Schweitzer, J.: The Exponential Rosenbrock–Euler Method with Variable Time Step Sizes for Nonsmooth Initial Data. Technical report, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (2014)Google Scholar
- 31.Tambue, A.: Efficient Numerical Schemes for Porous Media Flow. Ph.D. Thesis, Department of Mathematics, Heriot–Watt University (2010)Google Scholar
- 36.Wang, X.: Strong convergence rates of the linear implicit Euler method for the finite element discretization of SPDEs with additive noise. IMA J. Numer. Anal. doi: 10.1093/imanum/drw016 (2016)