Enhancing the selectivity of the X-ray luminescence separation of diamonds by digital processing of signals
A brief description is presented for a new digital-analog unit designed for recording and processing of signals from photodetectors of an X-ray luminescent separating machine, with a software-supported choice of the diamond detection methods taking into account kinetics of luminescence. Variants of processing the luminescence signals from minerals are considered for a wide range of the luminescence intensity values. The practical results of selecting the optimal diamond detection method are analyzed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. M. Shlyufman, V. P. Mironov, L. A. Gurova, and N. K. Tskhai, “Status and development prospects of radiometric separation of diamonds,” Gorn. Zh., No. 7 (2005).Google Scholar
- 2.S. E. Avdeev, A. F. Makhrachev, L. V. Kazakov, A. I. Levitin, and V. G. Morozov, “X-ray luminescent machines manufacture by OAO NPP “Burevestnik” are the instrumental basis for the benefication technology for diamond-containing raw material in Russia,” Gorn. Zh., No. 7 (2005).Google Scholar
- 3.A. T. Vedin, V. V. Vorob’ev, E. L’ Emel’yanov, A. F. Makhrachev, A. K. Potashnikov, and E. M. Shlyufman, “X-ray-luminiscent diamond separator with digital signal processing,” Fiz.-Tekh. Probl. Razrab. Polezn. Iskop., No. 6 (2004).Google Scholar
- 4.E. F. Martynovich, L. V. Morozhnikova, and V. V. Novikov, “X-ray luminescence of diamonds,” Lyumin. Spektr. Analiz, No. 3 (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.E. F. Martynovich, L. V. Morozhnikova, Yu. A. Klyuev, and S. P. Plotnikova,, “X-ray luminescence in various kinds of natural diamonds,” in: Problems of Theory and Practice of Diamond Treatment [in Russian], NIIMASH, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 6.A. F. Tirmyaev, N. A. Komarov, V. A. Larionov, G. V. Zhivankov, and B. P. Antonyuk, “Increased selectivity of X-ray luminescent separation in treatement of diamond-bearing ores with high content of zircon,” in: Proceedings of the 5th Congress of Prepàrators from the CIS Countries [in Russian], 1, Moscow (2005).Google Scholar
- 7.A. F. Tirmyaev, N. A. Komarov, and V. A. Chuprov, “Russian Federation Patent No. 2235599. A method for separation of diamond-bearing materials,” Byull. Izobret., No. 25 (2004).Google Scholar
- 8.A. F. Tirmyaev, N. A. Komarov, and V. A. Chuprov, “ Russian Federation Patent No. 2236311. A device for separation of diamond-bearing materials,” Byull. Izobret., No. 26 (2004).Google Scholar