Subgraphs of pair vertices
Subgraphs obtained by applying several fragmentation criteria are investigated. Two well known criteria (Szeged and Cluj), and two new others are defined and characterized. An example is given for the discussed procedures. The matrix and polynomial representations of vertices composing each type of subgraphs were also given. Analytical formulas for the polynomials of several classes of graphs are derived. The newly introduced subgraphs/fragments, called MaxF and CMaxF, appear to have interesting properties, which are demonstrated.
KeywordsSubgraphs Chemical graph theory Graph polynomials
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. Trinajstić, Chemical Graph Theory (CRC Press, 1992)Google Scholar
- 2.Harary F.: Graph Theory. Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA (1969)Google Scholar
- 3.Diudea M.V., Ivanciuc O.: Molecular Topology. Comprex, Cluj (1995)Google Scholar
- 4.M.V. Diudea, I. Gutman, L. Jäntschi, Molecular Topology (Nova Science, Huntington, New York, 2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Gutman I.: Graph Theory Notes N. Y. 27, 9–15 (1994)Google Scholar
- 6.Diudea M.V.: J. Chem. Inf. Comput. Sci. 37, 300–305 (1997)Google Scholar
- 7.Diudea M.V., Parv B., Gutman I.: J. Chem. Inf. Comput. Sci. 37, 1101–1108 (1997)Google Scholar
- 8.Diudea M.V., Katona G., Lukovits I., Trinajstic N.: Croat. Chem. Acta 71, 459–471 (1998)Google Scholar
- 9.Diudea M.V., Ursu O.: Indian J. Chem. 42A, 1283–1294 (2003)Google Scholar
- 10.M.V. Diudea, M.S. Florescu, P. Khadikar, Molecular Topology and it’s Applications (EfiCon Press, Bucharest, Romania, 2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Diudea M.V., Minailiuc O.M., Katona G., Gutman I.: Commun. Math. Comput. Chem. (MATCH). 35, 129–143 (1997)Google Scholar
- 14.Konstantinova E.V., Diudea M.V.: Croat. Chem. Acta 73, 383–403 (2000)Google Scholar