Stability of solutions to a reaction diffusion system based upon chemical reaction kinetics
- 69 Downloads
In this paper, we deal with the stability problem to some mathematical models that describe chemical reaction kinetics. One is a set of ordinary differential equations induced by one reversible chemical reaction mechanism containing three chemical species. The other is a set of reaction diffusion equations based on the same chemical reaction. We show that all solutions of the model are asymptotically stable by applying the Liapunov method. We thus find that the concentration of each species has certain limits as time proceeds.
Keywordsreaction diffusion system Liapunov stability
subject classification34D20 34D23 35K57
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chen W., Li C., Wright E.S. (2005) . Commun. Pure Appl. Anal. 4: 889–899Google Scholar
- 2.Evans L.C. (2002) Partial Differential Equations. AMS, Rhode IslandGoogle Scholar
- 3.Hale J.K. (1969) Ordinary Differential Equations. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 5.Li C., Wright E.S. (2002) . Commun. Pure Appl. Anal. 1: 77–84Google Scholar
- 6.R.H. Petrucci, General Chemistry (New York, 1982), p. 440.Google Scholar