Quantum (Nano-Scale) Limit in a Parallel Magnetic Field in Layered Q1D Conductors
- 22 Downloads
We show that electron wave functions in a quasi-one-dimensional (Q1D) layered conductor in a parallel magnetic field are always localized on conducting layers. Wave functions and electron spectrum in a quantum limit, where the “sizes” of quasi-classical electron orbits are of the order of nanoscale distances between the layers, are determined. Possible applications of our results to physical properties of Q1D materials in their superconducting and metallic phases are discussed.
Pacs Numbers74.70.Kn 73.43.-f
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ishiguro T., Yamaji K., Saito G. Organic Superconductors (Second Edition, Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, 1998).Google Scholar
- 2.See recent Letters A.G. Lebed and M.J. Naughton, Phys. Rev. Lett. 91, 187003 (2003); A.G. Lebed, N.N. Bagmet, and M.J. Naughton, Phys. Rev. Lett. 93, 157006 (2004)t.Google Scholar
- 3.L.P. Gor’kov and A.G. Lebed, J. Phys. Lett. (France) 45, L-433 (1984); A.G. Lebed, Phys. Rev. Lett. 88, 177001 (2002); P.M. Chaikin, Phys. Rev. B 31, 4770 (1985).Google Scholar
- 4.A.G. Lebed, Pis’ma Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 44, 89 (1986) [JETP Lett. 44, 114 (1986)]; A.G. Lebed and K. Yamaji, Phys. Rev. Lett. 80, 2697 (1998).Google Scholar
- 5.E. M. Lifshitz and L. P. Pitaevskii, Statistical Physics, Part 2 (Butterworth-Heinemann, 1980).Google Scholar
- 6.A.G. Lebed, Phys. Rev. Lett., submitted (2005).Google Scholar