Influence of 4He Preplating on 3He Fluid Formed in One-Dimensional 28 Å-Pores
- 26 Downloads
A degenerate Fermi fluid has been realized recently for 3He films adsorbed in one-dimensional (1D) pores 28 Å in diameter, preplated with 4He layers. In order to study the influence of the 4He preplating on the 3He Fermi fluids, heat capacity was measured down to 4 mK for two preplated 4He films of different thickness. At low temperatures, no substantial difference was found between the two cases. On the other hand, a large difference appeared above about 150 mK. The large 3He heat capacity for the thick 4He preplating suggests thermal excitation of the 3He atoms to the excited energy levels of the Andreev states in the 4He fluid layers.
KeywordsHeat Capacity Energy Level Magnetic Material Fluid Layer Thermal Excitation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.1. J. Taniguchi, A. Yamaguchi, H. Ishimoto, H. Ikegami, S. M. Gatica, M. W. Cole, F. Ancilotto, S. Inagaki, and Y. Fukushima, T. Matsushita, and N. Wada, submitted to Phys. Rev. Lett..Google Scholar
- 2.2. S. Inagaki, A. Koiwai, N. Suzuki, Y. Fukushima and K. Kuroda, Bull. Chem. Soc. Jpn. 69, 1449 (1996).Google Scholar
- 3.3. S. Inagaki, Y. Fukushima and K. Kuroda, J. Chem. Soc., Chem. Commun. 22, 680 (1993).Google Scholar
- 4.4. J. Taniguchi, A. Yamaguchi, H. Ishimoto, H. Ikegami, and N. Wada, J. Low Temp. Phys. 134, 595 (2004).Google Scholar
- 5.5. H. Ikegami, T. Okuno, Y. Yamato, J. Taniguchi, N. Wada, S. Inagaki and Y. Fukushima, Phys. Rev. B 68, 092501 (2003).Google Scholar
- 6.6. E. Cheng, and M. W. Cole, Phys. Rev. B 38, 987 (1988).Google Scholar
- 7.7. A. F. Andreev, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 50, 1415 (1966); Sov. Phys. JETP 23, 939 (1966).Google Scholar
- 8.8. M. J. Dipirro and F. M. Gasparini, Phys. Rev. Lett 44, 269 (1980).Google Scholar
- 9.9. P. A. Sheldon and R. B. Hallock, Phys. Rev. Lett. 77, 2973 (1996).Google Scholar
- 10.10. M. Dann, J. Nyéki, B. P. Cowan, and J. Saunders, Phys. Rev. Lett. 82, 4030 (1999).Google Scholar
- 11.11. A. Golov and F. Pobell, J. Low Temp. Phys. 101, 373 (1995).Google Scholar