Preparation and Catalytic Activity of Gold–Copper Bimetallic Nanoparticles Stabilized by Poly (N-vinyl-2-pyrrolidone) and Immobilized onto Inorganic Supporters
- 198 Downloads
This paper is devoted to preparation of gold–copper bimetallic nanoparticles deposited on inorganic supporters followed by their use in hydrogen peroxide decomposition and oxidation of ethylbenzene. The bimetallic nanoparticles of Au–Cu at molar ratio of 1:1 were synthesized by hydrothermal method in the presence of stabilizing agent—poly (N-vinyl-2-pyrrolidone) and reducing agent—glycine. The bimetallic nanoparticles were characterized by UV–Vis spectroscopy, DLS, and TEM techniques. The catalytic activity of Au–Cu bimetallic nanoparticles was evaluated with respect to decomposition of hydrogen peroxide and oxidation of ethylbenzene.
KeywordsAu–Cu bimetallic nanoparticles Poly (N-vinyl-2-pyrrolidone) Inorganic supporters Catalysis Hydrogen peroxide decomposition Ethylbenzene oxidation
Financial support from the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the frame of the Grant No 1004/GF4 2015-2017 is greatly acknowledged. Authors are thankful to Prof. Nurxat Nuraje from Texas Tech University (USA) for TEM measurements.
- 5.Y. Yu, J. Huang, T. Ishida, M. Haruta, in Modern Heterogeneous Oxidation Catalysis: Design, Reactions and Characterization, ed. by N. Mizuno (Wiley-VCH, 2009), p. 77Google Scholar
- 14.N. Yesmurzayeva, Zh Nurakhmetova, G. Tatykhanova, B. Selenova, S. Kudaibergenov, Supramol. Catal. 1, 1 (2015)Google Scholar
- 16.A. Pomogailo, A. Rozenberg, I. Uflyand, Metal Nanoparticles in Polymers (Khimiya, Moscow, 2000)Google Scholar
- 17.T. Dung Dang, T. Tuyet, T. Le, E. Fribourg-Blanc, M. Chien Dang, Nanosci. Nanotechnol. 2(1), 015009 (2011)Google Scholar
- 18.M. Byrappa, Yoshimura USA (Noyes Publications, New Jersey, 2001)Google Scholar