The Electrical Properties of Polyaniline (PANI)–Co0.5Mn0.5Fe2O4 Nanocomposite
- 254 Downloads
Polyaniline (PANI)/cobalt-manganese ferrite, PANI/Co0.5Mn0.5Fe2O4, nanocomposite was synthesized by oxidative chemical polymerization of aniline in the presence of ammonium peroxydisulfate. Microwave assisted synthesis method was used for the fabrication of core Co0.5Mn0.5Fe2O4 nanoparticles. The presence of PANI on the surface of the Co0.5Mn0.5Fe2O4 NPs was confirmed by infrared spectroscopy and thermal gravimetric analysis. The crystallite size was calculated with line profile fitting method as 20 ± 9 nm. The spherical morphology of the product was presented by Scanning electron microscopy and transmission electron microscopy. The electrical characterizations showed that ac conductivity is found to be independent of frequency and increases with increase of temperatures. However, imaginary component of dielectric function obey the power law of frequency while it is almost independent of temperature. This can be attributed to the molecular interatomic interaction between Co0.5Mn0.5Fe2O4 nanoballs and PANI shells.
KeywordsDielectric properties Chemical synthesis Impedance spectroscopy Electrical properties
This work is supported by Fatih University under BAP Grant No. P50021104-B.
- 1.L. Zhang, M. Wan, J. Phys. Chem. B 107, 6748 (2003).Google Scholar
- 4.V. Erokhin, M.K. Ram, Ö. Yavuz, The Nanotechnology (Elsevier, London, 2008)Google Scholar
- 12.Z. Durmus, A. Baykal, H. Kavas, H. Sözeri, Phys. B 406, 114 (2011)Google Scholar
- 17.T. Wejrzanowski, R. Pielaszek, A. Opalinska, H. Matysiak, W. Łojkowski, K.J. Kurzydłowski, Appl. Surf. Sci. 253, 204 (2006)Google Scholar
- 18.R. Pielaszek, Analytical expression for diffraction line profile for polydispersive powders (Applied Crystallography Proceedings of the XIX Conference, Krakow, 2003), p. 43Google Scholar
- 30.H.Z. Ai, Z.H. Xiao, K. Chao, Y.Y. Ying, S.X. Li, R.L. Jun, W.Y. Peng, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 17, 859 (2006)Google Scholar