Four New Ag(I) Coordination Polymers: Synthesis, Crystal Structures and Thermal Stability
- 112 Downloads
Four silver(I) coordination polymers of composition [Ag6(bptp)3(OOCCF2CF2COO)3]∞ (1), [Ag5(bptp)2(CF3SO3)5(CH3COCH3)2]∞ (2), [Ag(bmtm)(C10H7SO3)]∞ (3), and [Ag10(bpte)4(NO3)10]∞ (4) (bmtm = bis(methylthio)methane, bpte = 1,2-bis(phenylthio)ethane, bptp = 1,3-bis(phenylthio)propane) have been synthesized and structurally characterized. The 2D-coordination networks of both 1 and 2 consist of two meshed networks, (Ag-anion)∞ and (Ag-ligand)∞, which share their silver atoms. The 1D-coordination polymers of 3 are associated through weak van der Waals interactions into 2D network while polymer 4 forms a tubular structure. Relatively short Ag···Ag interactions are found in both 1 and 3. The stoichiometries of the obtained polymers were found to be independent of the starting materials metal-to-ligand ratio except for coordination polymer 4. Thermogravimetric analyses of 1 and 2 revealed that they decompose in a single step to metallic silver while 3 and 4 showed a two-step weight loss.
KeywordsCoordination polymer Crystal structure FTIR Thermal analysis
This work was supported by the Centre d’Etude et de Recherche de Djibouti (M. O. A.) and the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (F. B.).
- 3.C.B. Aakeroy, N.R. Champness, C. Janiak, Cryst. Eng. Commun. 12, 22 (2010)Google Scholar
- 13.SAINT, Integration Software for Single-Crystal Data, Release 6.06 (Bruker AXS Inc., Madison, WI, 1999)Google Scholar
- 14.G.M. Sheldrick, SADABS Bruker area detector absorption corrections (Bruker AXS Inc, Madison, WI, 1996)Google Scholar
- 15.XPREP, X-ray Data Preparation and Reciprocal Space Exploration Program, release 5.10 (Bruker AXS Inc., Madison, WI, 1997)Google Scholar
- 16.SHELXTL, The Complete Software Package for single-crystal structure determination, release 5.10 (Brucker AXS Inc., Madison, WI (University of Göttingen, Germany, 1997))Google Scholar
- 17.W.W. Porterfield, Inorganic Chemistry: A Unified Approach (Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA, 1984)Google Scholar
- 19.C.L. Chen, B.S. Kang, C.Y. Su, Aust. J. Chem. 59, 3 (2006) and references thereinGoogle Scholar
- 21.E. Szlyk, I. Szymanska, A. Surdykowski, T. Glowiak, A. Wojtczak, A. Golinski, J. Chem. Soc. Dalton Trans. 3404 (2003)Google Scholar
- 27.K. Nakamoto, Infrared Spectra of Inorganic and Coordination Compounds, 3rd edn. (Wiley-VCH, New York, 1978)Google Scholar
- 30.E. Szłyk, I. Szymańska, A. Surdykowski, T. Głowiak, A. Wojtczak, A. Goliński, J. Chem. Soc. Dalton. Trans. 3404 (2003)Google Scholar