Synthesis and Characterization of Acetophenone Based Polymeric Ligand and Its Polychelates with Ln(III): Thermal, Catalytic and Antimicrobial Study
- 68 Downloads
Ln(III)-polychelates were prepared using acetophenone based polymeric ligand and characterized by elemental analyses, electronic spectra, magnetic susceptibilities, FTIR, 1H NMR and Thermogravimetric analyses. Morphological Study of polymeric ligand and polychelates were carried out by scanning electron microscope (SEM). Catalytic activity of selected polychelates was examined for pharmaceutical important organic synthesis. Antimicrobial activity of isolated polychelates against Escherichia coli, Bacillus subtilis, Staphylococcus aureus (bacteria) and Saccharomyces cerevisiae (yeast) were measured. It has been observed that, polychelates act as an efficient and effective catalysts and antimicrobial agents.
KeywordsPolychelates Thermal study Catalysts Anti-microbial study SEM
The authors thank the Heads of the, Department of Chemistry and Bioscience, Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar, for providing laboratory facilities. One of the author (MMP) is thankful to UGC, New Delhi, for the award of a junior research fellowship (JRF).
- 5.S. Varvara, L. Muresan, I.C. Popescu, G. Maurin, Hydrometallurgy 75(1–4), 147 (2004)Google Scholar
- 13.R.Y. Stanier, Introduction to the Microbial World, 5th edn. (Prentice Hall Inc., Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1986)Google Scholar
- 14.A.I. Vogel, A Text Book of Quantitative Inorganic Analysis, 4th edn. (Longmans, Green and Co. Ltd., London, 1978)Google Scholar
- 15.D.K. Dwivedi, R.K. Shukla, B.K. Shukla, Acta Cienc Indica Chem. 17(14), 383 (1991)Google Scholar
- 20.A. Kriza, A. Reiss, S. Florea, T. Carproin, J. Ind. Chem. Soc. 77, 207 (2000)Google Scholar
- 21.B.A. Shah, A.V. Shah, P.M. Shah, Iran Polym. J. 15(10), 809 (2006)Google Scholar
- 24.P.G. Baraldi, M.G. Pavani, M. Nunes, P. Brigidi, B. Vitali, R. Gambari, R. Romagnoli, Arch. Pharm. 10, 201 (2002)Google Scholar
- 29.G. Mangalagiu, M. Ungureanu, G. Grosu, I. Mangalagiu, M. Petrovanu, Ann. Pharm. Fr. 59, 139 (2001)Google Scholar
- 32.P. Biginelli, Gazz. Chim. Ital. 23, 360 (1893)Google Scholar
- 34.R. Varala, M.M. Alam, S.R. Adapa, Synlett 1, 67 (2003)Google Scholar