A Novel Boat-Shaped Rare Earth Complex with a 3-D Interlinked Structure of Pr(III) and 1,2,4,5-Benzenetetracarboxylic Acid
- 127 Downloads
A novel boat-shaped praseodymium (III)-carboxylate polymeric complex [Pr(Hbtec)]n (H4btec = 1,2,4,5-benzenetetracarboxylic acid) with 3-D interlinked structure, which contains nine-coordinate rare earth metal centers, simplified as PRCPC, has been synthesized under hydrothermal conditions. The frames interlinked with each other and formed a unique boat-like alignment. PRCPC that was obtained was characterized by differential thermal analysis/thermogravimetry (DTA/TG), single crystal X-ray diffraction, elemental analysis and FTIR spectral analysis. Analysis of the single-crystal X-ray diffraction confirms that PRCPC crystallizes in triclinic symmetry with space group (P − 1), where a = 7.325(3), b = 8.162(3), c = 8.791(3) Å, α = 65.345(4), β = 86.015(4), γ = 84.203(5)°, V = 475.0(3) Å3, Z = 2, R1 = 0.0201, wR2 = 0.0505. PRCPC exhibits high thermal stability and its supramolecular frame remains stable without any change under heat treatment to 510°C.
KeywordsRare earth complex hydrothermal synthesis crystal structure thermal stability differential thermal analysis thermogravimetric analysis.
This work was supported by Doctoral Foundation of Jinan University.
- 8.Carlucci L., Ciani G., and Proserpio D. M., (2003). Cryst. Eng. Comm. 5: 269Google Scholar
- 10.Batten S. R., (2001). Cryst. Eng. Comm. 3: 67Google Scholar
- 18.C. R. Perez, P. L. Luis, and M. H. Molina, Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. 3873 (2004)Google Scholar
- 19.Y. G. Li, N. Hao, and E. B. Wang, Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. 2567 (2003)Google Scholar
- 20.D. Q. Chu, J. Q. Xu, and L. M. Duan, Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. 1135 (2001)Google Scholar
- 23.Milier J. S. and Epstein A. J., (1976). Prog. Inorg. Chem. 20: 1Google Scholar
- 27.Bruker Analytical X-ray Systems, Inc., Madison, WI, 1998Google Scholar
- 28.L. J. Zhang, J. Q. Xu, Z. Shi, W. Xu, and T.-G. Wang, Dalton Trans. 1148 (2003)Google Scholar