Global minimization of the difference of strictly non-positive valued affine ICR functions
- 106 Downloads
In this paper, non-positive valued affine increasing and co-radiant (ICR) functions are defined in the framework of abstract convexity. The basic properties of this class of functions such as support set and subdifferential are presented. As an application, we give optimality conditions for the global minimum of the difference of two strictly non-positive valued affine ICR functions.
KeywordsGlobal optimization Abstract convexity Non-positive valued affine ICR function Subdifferential Support set
The authors are very grateful to the anonymous referees for their useful suggestions on an earlier version of this paper. These suggestions have enabled the authors to improve the paper significantly. This research was supported partially by Graduate University of Advanced Technology and Mahani Mathematical Research Center.
- 3.Coelli, T.J., Rao, D.S.P., ÓDonnell, C.J., Battese, G.E.: An Introduction to Efficiency and Productivity Analysis. Springer, Berlin (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Diewert, W.E.: Duality approaches to microeconomic theory. In: Arrow, K.J., Intriligator, M.D. (eds.) Handbook of Mathematical Economics, vol. 2, pp. 535–599. North-Holland Publishing Company, Amsterdam (1982)Google Scholar
- 6.Daryaei, M.H., Mohebi, H.: Characterizations of maximal elements for extended real valued ICR functions. Submitted paperGoogle Scholar
- 10.Hiriart, J.B.: From convex to nonconvex minimization: necessary and sufficient conditions for global optimality. In: Nonsmooth Optimization and Related Topics, pp. 219–240. Plenum, New York (1989)Google Scholar
- 12.Intriligator, M.D.: Mathematical Optimization and Economic Theory. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1971)Google Scholar