A particle swarm optimization for solving lot-sizing problem with fluctuating demand and preservation technology cost under trade credit
- 305 Downloads
In this paper, we consider the effect of preservation technology cost investing on preservation equipment for reducing deterioration rate under two-level trade credit. The preservation technology cost is allowed for periodical upward or downward adjustments due to the time varying demand and the strategy of trade credit within the planning horizon. We establish a deterministic economic order quantity model for a retailer to determine his/her optimal preservation technology cost per replenishment cycle, the trade credit policies, the replenishment number and replenishment schedule that will maximize the present value of total profit. A particle swarm optimization with constriction factor is coded and used to solve the mixed-integer nonlinear programming problem by employing the properties derived from this paper. Some numerical examples are used to illustrate the features of the proposed model.
KeywordsTime-varying demand Deteriorating inventory Trade credit Preservation technology Particle swarm optimization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aggarwal S.P., Jaggi C.K.: Ordering policies of deteriorating items under permissible delay in payments. J. Oper. Res. Soc. 46, 658–662 (1995)Google Scholar
- 7.Chung K.H.: Inventory control and trade credit revisited. J. Oper. Res. Soc. 40, 495–498 (1989)Google Scholar
- 8.Clerc, M.: The swarm and the queen: towards a deterministic and adaptive particle swarm optimization. In: Proceeding of Congress on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 3, pp. 1951–1957, Washington (1999)Google Scholar
- 11.Eberhart, R., Kennedy, J.: A new optimizer using particle swarm theory. In: Proceedings of the 1995 6th International Symposium on Micro Machine and Human Science, pp. 39–43 (1995)Google Scholar
- 12.Eberhart, R.C., Shi, Y.: Comparing inertia weights and constriction factors in particle swarm optimization. In: Proceeding of Congress on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 1, pp. 84–88, San Diego (2000)Google Scholar
- 14.Goyal S.K.: Economic order quantity under conditions of permissible delay in payments. J. Oper. Res. Soc. 36, 335–338 (1985)Google Scholar
- 19.Kennedy, J., Eberhart, R.: Particle swarm optimization. In: Proceedings of the 1995 IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, vol. 4, pp. 1942–1948 (1995)Google Scholar