Viscosity approximation methods for generalized equilibrium problems and fixed point problems
The purpose of this paper is to investigate the problem of finding a common element of the set of solutions of a generalized equilibrium problem (for short, GEP) and the set of fixed points of a nonexpansive mapping in the setting of Hilbert spaces. By using well-known Fan-KKM lemma, we derive the existence and uniqueness of a solution of the auxiliary problem for GEP. On account of this result and Nadler’s theorem, we propose an iterative scheme by the viscosity approximation method for finding a common element of the set of solutions of GEP and the set of fixed points of a nonexpansive mapping. Furthermore, it is proven that the sequences generated by this iterative scheme converge strongly to a common element of the set of solutions of GEP and the set of fixed points of a nonexpansive mapping.
KeywordsViscosity approximation method Generalized equilibrium problem Fixed points Nonexpansive mappings Strong convergence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Blum E., Oettli W.: From optimization and variational inequalities to equilibrium problems. The Math. Student. 63, 123–145 (1994)Google Scholar
- Combettes P.L., Hirstoaga S.A.: Equilibrium programming in Hilbert spaces. J. Nonlinear Convex Anal. 6, 117–136 (2005)Google Scholar
- Nadler S.B. Jr: Multivalued contraction mappings. Pacific J. Math. 30, 475–488 (1969)Google Scholar
- Tada A., Takahashi W.: Strong convergence theorem for an equilibrium problem and a nonexpansive mapping. In: Takahashi, W., Tanaka, T. (eds) Nonlinear Analysis and Convex Analysis, pp. 609–617. Yokohama Publishers, Yokohama, Japan (2007)Google Scholar
- Takahashi W.: Nonlinear Functional Analysis, Fixed Point Theory and its Applications. Yokohama Publishers, Yokohama, Japan (2000)Google Scholar
- Zeng L.C., Yao J.C.: Strong convergence theorem by an extragradient method for fixed point problems and variational inequality problems. Taiwanese J. Math. 10, 1293–1303 (2006b)Google Scholar