The Kth-Best Approach for Linear Bilevel Multi-follower Programming
- 230 Downloads
The majority of research on bilevel programming has centered on the linear version of the problem in which only one leader and one follower are involved. This paper addresses linear bilevel multi-follower programming (BLMFP) problems in which there is no sharing information among followers. It explores the theoretical properties of linear BLMFP, extends the Kth-best approach for solving linear BLMFP problems and gives a computational test for this approach.
Keywordsbilevel decision-making decision-making optimization Kth-best approach linear bilevel programming multi-follower programming
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Aiyoshi, E., Shimizu, K. 1981Hierarchical decentralized systems and its new solution by a barrier methodIEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics11444449Google Scholar
- Bard, J. 1984An investigation of the linear three level programming problemsIEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics14711717Google Scholar
- Bard, J. 1998Practical Bilevel Optimization: Algorithms and ApplicationsKluwer Academic PublishersUSAGoogle Scholar
- Bard, J., Falk, J. 1982An explicit solution to the multilevel programming problemComputers and Operations Research977100Google Scholar
- Bialas, W. and Karwan, M. (1978), Multilevel linear programming, State University of New York at BuffaloGoogle Scholar
- Bialas, W., Karwan, M. et al. (1980), A parametric complementary pivot approach for twolevel linear programming, State University of New York at BuffaloGoogle Scholar
- Hansen, P., Jaumard, B., et al. 1992New branchandbound rules for linear bilevel programmingSIAM Journal on Scientific and Statistical Computing1311941217Google Scholar
- Lu, J., Shi, C. and Zhang, G. (2005), On bilevel multi-follower decision-making: general framework and solutions, Information Sciences (in press), available online at www.sciencedirect.comGoogle Scholar
- Savard, G. (1989), Contributions á la programmation mathématique á deux niveaux, Université de Montréal, École PolytechniqueGoogle Scholar
- Stackelberg, H. V. (1952), The Theory of the Market Economy, Oxford University PressGoogle Scholar