On the Liu–Floudas Convexification of Smooth Programs
- 131 Downloads
It is well known that a twice continuously differentiable function can be convexified by a simple quadratic term. Here we show that the convexification is possible also for every Lipschitz continuously differentiable function. This implies that the Liu–Floudas convexification works for, loosely speaking, almost every smooth program occurring in practice.
KeywordsGlobal optimum convexification Lipschitz continuously differentiable function
AMS Subject Classifications90C30 90C31
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Davidescu, D.M. M.Sc. Thesis, McGill University, Department of Mathematics and Statistics (in progress).Google Scholar
- 2.Floudas, C.A. 2000Deterministic Global OptimizationKluwer Academic PublishersDordrechtGoogle Scholar
- 4.Nocedal, J., Wright, S.J. 1999Numerical OptimizationSpringer Series in Operations ResearchNew YorkGoogle Scholar
- 5.Winston, W.L., Venkataramanan, 2003Introduction to Mathematical Programming4Brooks/ColePacific Grove, CAGoogle Scholar
- 6.Zlobec, S. 2001Stable Parametric ProgrammingKluwer Academic PublishersDordrechtGoogle Scholar
- 7.Zlobec, S. 2003Estimating convexifiers in continuous optimizationMathematical Communications8129137Google Scholar