A Successful Attempt to Obtain the Linear Dependence Between One-Photon and Two-Photon Spectral Properties and Hammett Parameters of Various Aromatic Substituents in New π-Extended Asymmetric Organic Chromophores
- 195 Downloads
A series of new asymmetric chromophores containing aromatic substituents and possessing the excellent π-extension in space were prepared through multi-steps routes. One-photon and two-photon spectral properties of these new chromophores could be tuned by these substituents finely and simultaneously. The linear correlation of the wave numbers of the one-photon absorption and emission maxima to Hammett parameters of these substituents was presented. Near infrared two-photon absorption emission integrated areas of the target chromophores were correlated linearly to Hammett constants of these substituted groups.
KeywordsOne-photon and two-photon spectra Hammett parameter Organic chromophore
This work was finically supported by chongqing natural science foundation projects CSTC2012JJB50007 and CSTC2010BB0216. H. Li is grateful to the Postdoctoral Science Foundation of China for their encouraging supporting (Grants 22012T50762 & 2011M501388). We greatly appreciate Key Laboratory of Photochemical Conversion and Optoelectronic Materials, CAS for the help in the laser detection.
- 2.Kreisel D, Nava RG, Li W, Zinselmeyer BH, Wang B, Lai J, Pless R, Gelman AE, Krupnick AS, Miller MJ (2010) In vivo two-photon imaging reveals monocyte-dependent neutrophil extravasation during pulmonary inflammation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107(42):18073–18078PubMedCentralCrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 7.Kim S, Ohulchanskyy TY, Pudavar HE, Pandey RK, Prasad PN (2007) Organically modified silica nanoparticles co-encapsulating photosensitizing drug and aggregation-enhanced two-photon absorbing fluorescent dye aggregates for two-photon photodynamic therapy. J Am Chem Soc 129(9):2669–2675PubMedCentralCrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 8.Gary-Bobo M, Mir Y, Rouxel C, Brevet D, Basile I, Maynadier M, Vaillant O, Mongin O, Blanchard-Desce M, Morère A, Garcia M, Durand J-O, Raehm L (2011) Mannose-functionalized mesoporous silica nanoparticles for efficient two-photon photodynamic therapy of solid tumors. Angew Chem Int Ed 50(49):11425–11631CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.Strehmel B, Sarker AM, Detert H (2003) The influence of σ and π acceptors on two-photon absorption and solvatochromism of dipolar and quadrupolar unsaturated organic compounds. Chem Phy Chem 4(3):249–259Google Scholar
- 17.Perrin D, Armarego W, Perrin D (1966) Purification of laboratory chemicals. Pergamon, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 28.Lippert E (1957) Spektroskopische Bistimmung Des Dipolmomentes Aromatischer Verbindungen im Ersten Angeregten Singulettzustand. Z Electrochem 61:962Google Scholar