Synthesis and Fluorescence Properties of Lanthanide (III) Perchlorate Complexes with Naphthyl-Naphthalinesulphonylpropyl Sulfoxide
- 143 Downloads
A ligand with double sulfinyl groups, naphthyl-naphthalinesulphonylpropyl sulfoxide(dinaphthyl disulfoxide, L), was synthesized by a new method and its several lanthanide (III) complexes were synthesized and characterized by element analysis, molar conductivity, coordination titration analysis, IR, TG-DTA, 1HNMR and UV spectra. The composition of these complexes, were RE2(ClO4)6·(L)5·nH2O (RE = La, Nd, Eu, Tb, Yb, n = 2 ∼ 6, L = C10H7SOC3H6SOC10H7). The fluorescent spectra illustrated that the Eu (III) complex had an excellent luminescence. It was supposed that the ligand was benefited for transferring the energy from ligand to the excitation state energy level (5D0) of Eu (III). The Tb (III) complex displayed weak luminescence, which attributed to low energy transferring efficiency between the average triplet state energy level of ligand and the excited state (5D4) of Tb (III). So the Eu (III) complex displayed a good antenna effect for luminescence. The phosphorescence spectra and the relationship between fluorescence lifetime and fluorescence intensity were also discussed.
KeywordsRare earth complexes Fluorescence Phosphorescence Fluorescence lifetime Naphthyl-naphthalinesulphonylpropyl sulfoxide
The author thanks to the financial supports from the National Natural Science Foundations of China Research project (20861005).
- 11.Li WX, Zhang DF (2002) Synthesis, characterization and fluorescence of phenylcarboxymethyl sulfoxide complexes with lanthanide nitrates. J Rare Earths 20:430–433Google Scholar
- 12.Li WX, Wang HS, Luo QS, Qi QG (2004) Synthesis and fluorescence property of Eu3+, Tb3+ perchlorate complexes with diphenyl sulfoxide and 1, 10-phenanthroline. J Rare Earths 22:563–566Google Scholar
- 13.Shi XY, Li WX, Qin CH, Guo L, Sun XJ, Sun XL, Geng GQ (2008) Synthesis and characterization of quaternary complexes of light rare earth perchlorate with diphenyl sulfoxide, benzoic acid and studies on fluorescence of Eu3+ complex. Chinese J. Luminesc. 29:772–778Google Scholar
- 19.Shen L, Shi M, Shi EX, Du YK, Li FY, Huang CH (2006) Studies on luminescence properties of lanthanide complexes based on pyrazolone. Chem J Chin Univ 27:1413–1417Google Scholar
- 20.Qiang S (1993) Chemistry of rare earths. Henan Technology &Science, Zhengzhou, pp 304–314 in ChineseGoogle Scholar
- 25.Wang YG, Gong MX (1994) Energy transfer from aromatic monoketones to rare earth ions. Acta Scientiarum Naturalium Universitatis Jilinensis 3:89–94Google Scholar