Efficient Construction of Pyrazolo[1,5-a]pyrimidine Scaffold and its Exploration as a New Heterocyclic Fluorescent Platform
- 165 Downloads
An efficient, fast and facile pyrazolo[1,5-a]pyrimidine synthetic protocol has been established by the condensation of aminopyrazoles with 1,3-dicarbonyl components in AcOH/H2SO4 system. The pyrazolo[1,5-a]pyrimidine sulfides were selectively oxidized to the sulfones via a temperature-controlled stepwise oxidative fashion. The correlation between the substitution patterns of these pyrazolo[1,5-a]pyrimidines and their fluorescent spectroscopic properties were further examined, which provided the fundamentals for their potential applications in the development of new fluorescent probes. Red-shifts were easily achieved by the incorporation of unsaturated groups at the 5- and 7-positions, which suggested an approach for synthesizing long wavelength pyrazolo[1,5-a]pyrimidine dyes. The fluorescent spectroscopic properties were found to be sensitive to the hydroxy-containing and carbonyl-containing media such as alcohol and acetone, which helps to confirm the promising perspectives of further investigations in this area.
KeywordsFluorophore Heterocycle Pyrazolo[1,5-a]pyrimidine Fluorescence
We thank the National Key Project for Basic Research and the National Natural Science Foundation of China for financial support.
- 4.Lakowicz JR (1999) Principles of fluorescence spectroscopy, 2nd edn. Plenum, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 10.Selleri S, Bruni F, Costagli C, Costanzo A, Guerrini G, Ciciani G, Gratteri P, Besnard F, Costa B, Montali M, Martini C, Fohlin J, De Siena G, Aiello PA (2005) A novel selective GABA(A) alpha 1 receptor agonist displaying sedative and anxiolytic-like properties in rodents. J Med Chem 48(21):6756–6760PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 12.Chen C, Wilcoxen KM, Huang CQ, Xie YF, McCarthy JR, Webb TR, Zhu YF, Saunders J, Liu XJ, Chen TK, Bozigian H, Grigoriadis DE (2004) Design of 2,5-dimethyl-3-(6-dimethyl-4-methylpyridin-3-yl)-7-dipropylamino-pyrazolo[1,5-a]pyrimidine (NBI 30775/R121919) and structure-activity relationships of a series of potent and orally active corticotropin-releasing factor receptor antagonists. J Med Chem 47(19):4787–4798PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Bartroli J, Turmo E, Alguero M, Boncompte E, Vericat ML, Conte L, Ramis J, Merlos M, García-Rafanell J, Forn J (1998) New azole antifungals. 2. Synthesis and antifungal activity of heterocyclecarboxamide derivatives of 3-amino-2-aryl-1-azolyl-2-butanol. J Med Chem 41(11):1855–1868PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 14.Fraley ME, Rubino RS, Hoffman WF, Hambaugh SR, Arrington KL, Hungate RW, Bilodeau MT, Tebben AJ, Rutledge RZ, Kendall RL, McFall RC, Huckle WR, Coll KE, Thomas KA (2002) Optimization of a pyrazolo[1,5-a]pyrimidine class of KDR kinase inhibitors: improvements in physical properties enhance cellular activity and pharmacokinetics. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 12(24):3537–3541PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 16.Wu YC, Song HB, Liu L, Wang D, Chen YJ (2005) 3-(4-Methoxystyryl)-2H-1,4-benzoxazin-2-one. Acta Cryst E61:o1590Google Scholar