Sensitive Determination of Norfloxacin by the Fluorescence Probe of Terbium (III)- Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate and Its Luminescence Mechanism
- 241 Downloads
The fluorescence system of the norfloxacin-Tb3+- sodium dodecylbenzene sulfonate (SDBS) was investigated in this paper. The experiments indicated that the fluorescence intensity of the Tb3+-SDBS was greatly enhanced by the norfloxacin. On the basis of the above findings, a sensitive fluorimetric method for determining the norfloxacin was established. The fluorescence intensity was measured by a 1-cm quartz cell with the excitation wavelength of 290 nm and the emission wavelength of 545 nm. The enhanced fluorescence intensity of the system (Δ F) showed a good linear relationship with the concentration of norfloxacin in the range of 5.0×10−9 mol L−1–2.0×10−6 mol L−1, its correlation coefficient was 0.9991 and the detection limit (S/N=3) was 1.2×10−9 mol L−1. The presented method was used to determine the norfloxacin in real pharmaceutical samples. The luminescence mechanism was also discussed in detail. In the fluorescence system of the norfloxacin-Tb3+-SDBS, the SDBS not only acted as the surfactant, but also acted as the energy donor.
KeywordsTerbium(III) Norfloxacin Spectrofluorimetry Enhancement effect Determination
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 20577039) and Zhejiang Provincial Natural Science Foundation of China (No. M203088).
- 2.Zhang ZQ, Jiang YC (2001) Flow injection flame atomic absorption spectrometry for the indirect analysis of norfloxacin. Atom Spectrosc 22(6):429–432Google Scholar
- 6.Hu M, Hu CQ, Liu WY (2004) Determination of drug reference substance content by H-1-nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. Chinese J Anal Chem 32(4):451–455Google Scholar
- 8.Du LM, Cao XM, Wu HY (2003) Direct determination of enoxacin in human plasma by micellar enhancing effect-synchronous fluorimetry. Chinese J Anal Chem 31:1330–1332Google Scholar
- 10.Tong CL, Zhu Y, Yang JH (2000) Terbium ion fluorescence probe for the determination of epinephrine. Chinese J Anal Chem 28(3):293–295Google Scholar
- 11.Tong SL, Xiang GH, Chen PP (2004) Fluorescence reaction between terbium(III) ion and norepinephrine and its analytical application. Spectrosc Spect Anal 24(12):1612–1614Google Scholar
- 14.Zhao HC, Zhang HL, Zhang YA (1998) A study of the fluorescence system of norfloxacin-terbium and the determination of norfloxacin. Chinese J Anal Lab 17(3):27–29 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 16.Huang ZY, Cai RX, Zhang K, Huang HP, Zeng YE (1997) Micelle enhanced spectrofluorimetric determination of norfloxacin using terbium as fluorescence probe. Anal Lett 30(8):1531–1539Google Scholar