High-Speed Optical Signal Processing System Based on DSP for Neutral Beam Injector on EAST
- 128 Downloads
Neutral Beam Injection (NBI) is one of the main plasma heating methods in nuclear fusion devices. To prevent the device from irreversible damage, all the status signal acquisition and transmission must meet high voltage isolation, fast-reaction and high reliability requirements. DSP performs well at complicated algorithms computing and meets the real-time requirements, but it is poor at parallel processing. FPGA is good at combination logic and sequential logic control. To meet the EAST-NBI control system experimental operational requirements, DSP and FPGA architecture is taken in this design, which converts the optical signal to high-precision analog signal to output. This paper analyzes the requirement of high-speed optical signal processing system based on DSP for EAST-NBI and introduces the detail modules designs, including seven modules: optical signal receiving and conversion interface circuit, FPGA decoding interface circuit, OMAP processing interface circuit, DAC interface circuit, Ethernet interface circuit, serial port interface circuit and amplification interface circuit.
KeywordsNBI DSP FPGA High voltage isolation High-speed
This work was supported by National Magnetic Confinement Fusion Science Program of China (No. 2103GB101000).
- 4.P. Sheng. C.D. Hu (2008) Control framework of neutral beam injection system for EAST. 9th Asia-Pacific Conference on Plasma Science and Technology, Huangshan, ChinaGoogle Scholar
- 5.L.Q. Hu, X.D. Zhang, R.H. Yao, EAST-NBI scheme. Nuclear Tech. 149, 152 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Z.M. Liu, X.N. Liu et al., The power supply system of ion source for NBI. Plasma Sci. Technol. 3, 2819 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.P. Sheng. Study on framework and key technologies of NBI control system. Thesis of Ph.D.’s Degree at Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2009Google Scholar
- 8.T. Hill, Advancing the use of FPGA co-processors through platforms and high-level design flows. Xilinx white paper, 2011Google Scholar
- 9.http://www.agilent.com/. Agilent HFBR-0400, HFBR-14XX and HFBR-24XX Series Low Cast, Miniature Fiber Optic Components with ST, SMA, SC and FC Ports Data Sheet. Agilent Technologies Inc., 2003
- 10.http://www.Microlinear.com/, Data sheet ML4622, ML4624 fiber optic data quantizer. Micro Linear (1997)
- 11.Cyclone IV Device Handbook. Altera Corporation (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.Y.S. Liu. The hardware design of a multi-sensor optoelectronic measuring system based on OMAP-L138. Thesis of Master’s Degree at Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (2010)Google Scholar