RHF Effect on Shafranov Parameter and Shafranov Shift in IR-T1 Tokamak
- 51 Downloads
In this paper we present an experimental study of effects of Resonant Helical Field (RHF) on Shafranov parameter and Shafranov shift in IR-T1 tokamak. For this purpose a four magnetic pickup coils were designed, constructed, and installed on outer surface of the IR-T1 tokamak chamber, and then the Shafranov parameter and Shafranov shift obtained. On the other hand, the external RHF applied on tokamak plasma and its effects on results measured. Experimental results of measurements with and without RHF (L = 2, L = 3, L = 2 & 3) show that the addition of a relatively small amount of RHF especially L = 3 mode could be effective for improving the quality of tokamak plasma discharge by flatting the plasma current and reducing the Shafranov parameter and Shafranov shift.
KeywordsTokamak Resonant helical field Shafranov parameter Shafranov shift
We Acknowledge from Iran National Science Foundation (INSF) for supporting this project.
- 1.V.S. Mukhovatov, V.D. Shafranov, Nucl. Fusion 11, 605 (1971)Google Scholar
- 3.J.P. Freidberg, Ideal MHD (Oxford, Clarendon, 1987)Google Scholar
- 4.A. Salar Elahi et al., J. Fusion Energ. (2009). doi: 10.1007/s10894-009-9198-x
- 6.A. Hojabri et al., 32nd EPS, Tarragona, Spain, ECA 29C, P4.064 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.J. Wesson, Tokamaks (Oxford, Clarendon, 1997)Google Scholar
- 8.I.H. Hutchinson, Principles of Plasma Diagnostics (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1987)Google Scholar