Experimental and Computational Modeling of the Processes of Supersonic Outflow from a Half-Closed Channel
- 12 Downloads
This article is devoted to the investigation of the thermo-gas-dynamic processes in half-closed channels, into which air is fed through holes focused on the axis. We have investigated the influence of the size of holes, their arrangement, and the orientation of jets fl owing out through them, as well as of the settling chamber pressure on the pressure at various points of the channel wall and on the fields of flow parameters (the field of Mach numbers and the pressure and temperature fields). Experimental investigations were accompanied by numerical 2D and 3D calculations.
Keywordssupersonic flow half-closed channel cold and hot jets experiment computational modeling Euler equation temperature distribution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. N. Volkov, V. N. Emel′yanov, M. S. Yakovchuk, Transverse injection of a jet from the surface of a fl at plate into the supersonic flow over it, J. Eng. Phys. Thermophys., 90, No. 6, 1439−1442 (2017).Google Scholar
- 2.K. N. Volkov, V. N. Emel′yanov, A. V. Pustovalov, Supersonic flows in channels and jets when applied to the problems of designing aerodynamic windows of gas lasers, J. Eng. Phys. Thermophys., 88, No. 5, 1210−1220 (2015).Google Scholar
- 4.N. E. Afonina, V. G. Gromov, V. V. Markov, G. D. Smekhov, and A. N. Khmelevskii, Simulation of nonstationary gas-dynamic processes in the output device with an annular nozzle, in: Proc. XI All-Russia Congress on Fundamental Problems of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, 20–24 August 2015, Kazan (2015), pp. 239−241Google Scholar
- 5.V. A. Levin, N. E. Afonina, V. G. Gromov, I. S. Manuilovich, V. V. Markov, G. D. Smekhov, and A. N. Khmelevskii, Experimental and numerical modeling of the flow in a driving module with an annular and linear double-slot nozzle, Teplofiz. Vys. Temp., 51, No. 5, 755–763 (2013).Google Scholar
- 6.G. N. Abramovich, Applied Gas Dynamics [in Russian], Part 1, Nauka, Moscow (1969).Google Scholar