High-Viscosity Oil Filtration in the Pool Under Thermal Action
We have developed a mathematical model and constructed numerical solutions of the problem of heating a high-viscosity oil pool through one horizontal well or a system of wells and have shown the possibility of their further operation until the limiting profitable discharge of oil is attained. The expenditure of heat in heating the oil pool, the evolution of discharge of oil, and the mass of extracted oil over the considered period have been considered.
Keywordshigh-viscosity oil oil pool heating oil filtration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Burguer, P. Sourieau, and M. Combarnous, Thermal Methods of Oil Recovery [Russian translation], Nedra, Moscow (1988).Google Scholar
- 2.N. K. Baibakov and A. R. Garushev, Thermal Methods of Exploitation of Oil Pools [in Russian], Nedra, Moscow (1988).Google Scholar
- 3.A. B. Sheinman, G. E. Malofeev, and A. I. Sergeev, Exposure of Oil Pool to Heat in Oil Production [in Russian], Nedra, Moscow (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.A. Kh. Mirzadzhanzade, A. G. Kovalev, and Yu. V. Zaitsev, Features of the Operation of Anomalous Oil Fields [in Russian], Nedra, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 5.R. M. Butler, Thermal Recovery of Oil and Bitumen, Prentice Hall Inc., Englewood Cliffs, NJ (1991).Google Scholar
- 6.R. M. Butler and Q. Jiang, Improved recovery of heavy oil by vapex with widely spaced horizontal injectors and producers, J. Can. Petrol. Technol., 39, No. 1, 48–56 (2000).Google Scholar
- 7.M. M. Kusakov, Methods for Determining the Physicochemical Characteristics of Oil Products [in Russian], ONTI, Moscow–Leningrad (1936).Google Scholar
- 9.R. I. Nigmatulin, Dynamics of Multiphase Media, Pts. 1, 2 [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1987).Google Scholar
- 10.A. V. Luikov, Heat Conduction Theory [in Russian], Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1967).Google Scholar
- 11.Yu. P. Zheltov, Mechanics of the Oil- and Gas-Bearing Pool [in Russian], Nedra, Moscow (1975).Google Scholar