Heat Exchange with Air and Temperature Profile of a Moving Oversize Tire
A one-dimensional mathematical model of heat transfer in a tire with account for the deformation energy dissipation and heat exchange of a moving tire with air has been developed. The mean temperature profiles are calculated and transition to a stationary thermal regime is considered. The influence of the rate of energy dissipation and of effective thermal conductivity of rubber on the temperature field is investigated quantitatively.
Keywordslocal density of the rate of energy dissipation heat transfer coefficient explicit scheme effective radius
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Cubo, Thermodynamics [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1970).Google Scholar
- 4.Lin Yeong-Jyh and Hwang Sheng-Jye, Temperature prediction of rolling tires by computer simulation, Math. Comp. Simul., 67, 235–249 (2004).Google Scholar
- 5.V. P. Krainov, Qualitative Methods of Physical Kinetics and Hydrodynamics, AIP, New York (1992).Google Scholar
- 7.A. A. Zhukauskas, Convective Transfer in Heat Exchangers [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1982).Google Scholar
- 8.V. G. Levich, Physicochemical Hydrodynamics, Prentice-Hall, New York (1962).Google Scholar