Dynamics of a "Two-Phase" Bubble in Compression Waves
- 34 Downloads
The behavior of a vapor envelope around a heated solid particle in a variable pressure field has been studied. Problems of this kind arise in propagation of shock waves in three-phase systems ″liquid–hot solid particles surrounded by vapor envelopes.″ The behavior of the system in the vicinity of the forward shock wave front on a linear rise in pressure in the system has been studied analytically. A simple formula describing the change in the radius of the vapor layer in time has been obtained.
Keywordsshock wave heated particle vapor envelope
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. S. Khabeev, Evolution of shock waves in a "two-phase" bubbles-laden liquid, Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 2, 110–117 (1997).Google Scholar
- 2.S. I. Zonenko, On numerical investigation of the dynamics of a vapor envelope about a heated particle placed in a liquid, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 4, 154–157 (1985).Google Scholar
- 4.A. A. Gubaidullin and I. N. Sannikov, Dynamics of vapor bubble, containing a hot particle, in a pressure wave, Teplofiz. Aéromekh., 14, No. 1, 41–49 (2007).Google Scholar
- 5.R. I. Nigmatulin, Dynamics of Multiphase Media [in Russian], Vol. 1, Nauka, Moscow (1987).Google Scholar
- 6.H. S. Carslow and J. C. Jaeger, Conduction of Heat in Solids [Russian translation], Nauka, Moscow (1964).Google Scholar
- 7.V. E. Nakoryakov, B. G. Pokusaev, and I. R. Shraiber, Propagation of Waves in Gas– and Vapor–Liquid Media [in Russian], Izd. Inst. Teplofiz. SO AN SSSR, Novosibirsk (1983).Google Scholar