Numerical Investigation of the Ventilation Processes in a Closed Space in the Presence of People and Heat Sources
- 46 Downloads
The flow of a viscous gas in a model section of a closed ventilated space, in which people and objects radiating heat are found, was investigated with the use of numerical-simulation methods. A numerical algorithm developed on the basis of the program package VP2/3 was used for simulation of a nonisothermal turbulent fl ow of a viscous gas in the indicated space. In the process of simulation of this nonstationary gas flow, the Reynolds equations closed with the use of the differential k–ω model of turbulence in the SST modification of Menter were solved. The efficiency of the mathematical model and the numerical algorithm used in the calculations was verified by comparison of their results with experimental data.
Keywordsventilation closed space turbulence MSST model VP2/3 package
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.S. A. Isaev, P. A. Baranov, and A. E. Usachov, Multiblock Computational Technologies in the VP2.3 Package on Aerothermodynamics, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Saarbrucken (2013).Google Scholar
- 6.F. R. Menter, Zonal two equation k–ω turbulence models for aerodynamic flows, AIAA Paper, Nо. 2906, 1–21 (1993).Google Scholar
- 7.V. B. Kharchenko, Numerical Simulation of Separation Flows with Vortex and Jet Generators on the Basis of Multiblock Computational Technologies, Doctoral Dissertation (in Engineering), SPbGMTU, St. Petersburg (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.L. G. Loitsyanskii, Mechanics of Liquids and Gases [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1987).Google Scholar
- 11.S. M. Rhi and U. L. Chou, Numerical calculation of turbulent flow past a profile with separation at the rear edge, Aérokosm. Tekh., 2, No. 7, 33–43 (1984).Google Scholar
- 13.I. A. Belov, S. A. Isaev, and V. A. Korobkov, Problems and Methods for Calculating Incompressible Liquid Separation Flows [in Russian], Sudostroenie, Leningrad (1989).Google Scholar
- 14.A. V. Ermishin and S. A. Isaev (Eds.), Control of Flow around Bodies with Vortex Cells as Applied to Flying Vehicles of Integral Lay-out (Numerical and Physical Simulation) [in Russian], MGU, Moscow (2003).Google Scholar