Aerosol Cloud Propagation in a Closed Space
- 52 Downloads
This paper presents the results of an experimental–theoretical investigation of the evolution of a cloud of aerosol particles in a closed space obtained by the shock-wave method. It has been shown that the prevailing propagation mechanism of aerosol particles of diameter 1–7.5 μm is convective diffusion. For the considered class of aerosols, the effective value of the convective diffusion coeffi cient in a closed space has been determined.
Keywordsaerosol particles shock-wave method aerosol cloud propagation closed space diffusion gravity sedimentation particle concentration mathematical modeling experimental investigation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. I. Pirumov, Dust Removal from Air [in Russian], Stroiizdat, Moscow (1981).Google Scholar
- 2.A. B. Vorozhtsov, V. A. Arkhipov, V. N. Parmon, G. V. Sakovich, A. S. Zharkov, et al., A Method of Air Purifi cation and Decontamination, RF Patent 2450851, published 20.05.2012, Byull. No. 14.3.Google Scholar
- 3.O. G. Penyazkov, V. I. Saverchenko, and S. P. Fisenko, Low-temperature pyrolysis and production of nanoparticles by rapid evaporation of micron droplets of aqueous solutions, Pis′ma Zh. Tekh. Fiz., 39, Issue 3, 56–62 (2013).Google Scholar
- 4.N. V. Korovina, O. B. Kudryashova, A. A. Antonnikova, and B. I. Vorozhtsov, Liquid atomization by impulse action, Izv. Vyssh. Ucheb. Zaved., Fizika, 56, No. 9/3, 169–172 (2013).Google Scholar
- 5.D. G. Pazhi and V. S. Galustov, Liquid Atomizers [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 6.V. A. Arkhipov, S. S. Bondarchuk, M. Ya. Evsevleev, I. K. Zharova, A. S. Zhukov, S. V. Zmanovskii, E. A. Kozlov, A. I. Konovalenko, and V. F. Trofimov, Experimental investigation of the dispersion of liquid by ejection atomizers, J. Eng. Phys. Thermophys., 86, No. 6, 1306–1314 (2013).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.O. B. Kudryashova, A. A. Pavlenko, B. I. Vorozhtsov, S. S. Titov, V. A. Arkhipov, S. S. Bondarchuk, E. A. Maksimenko, I. S. Akhmadeev, and E. V. Muravlev, Remote optical diagnostics of nonstationary aerosol media in a wide range of particle sizes, Photodetectors, InTech, Croatia (2012), pp. 341–364.Google Scholar
- 9.R. I. Nigmatulin, Dynamics of Multiphase Media [in Russian], Pt. 1, Nauka, Moscow (1991).Google Scholar
- 10.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshits, Theoretical Physics, Vol. 6, Hydrodynamics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar