Modeling and Numerical Investigation of the Process of Vapor-Oxygen Gasification of Solid Fuels in a Vertical Flow Reactor Under Pressure
- 38 Downloads
With the use of the developed model, detailed information has been obtained on the working process in a flow reactor with single- and two-stage schemes of vapor-oxygen gasification of coals under a pressure of 3 MPa. The dependence of the ratios of mass flow rates O2/coal and H2O/coal on the type of fuel has been established and their optimal values for the “Shell” process have been found. At a given consumption ratio of gas coal and brown coal of brand B1, the optimum diameters of particles providing minimum combustible loss of the carbon mixture have been determined. It has been found that the content of methane in the syngas in the case of two-stage gasification is much higher than in the case of single-stage gasification.
Keywordsvapor-oxygen gasification vertical flow reactor coal pyrolysis binary mixture syngas particle polydispersion heterogeneous and homogeneous reactions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. W. Weimer and D. E. Clough, Modeling a low pressure steam–oxygen fluidized bed coal gasifying reactor, J. AIChE, 36, 549–567 (1981).Google Scholar
- 2.K. E. Makhorin and P. A. Khinkis, Fuel Burning in a Fluidized Bed [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1989).Google Scholar
- 3.A. Gómes-Barea and B. Leckner, Modeling of biomass gasification in fluidized bed, Prog. Energy Combust. Sci., 36, 449–509 (2010).Google Scholar
- 5.V. V. Pomerantsev, K. I. Aref’ev, D. B. Akhmedov, M. N. Konovich, Yu. N. Korchunov, Yu. A. Rundygin, S. L. Shagalova, and S. M. Shestakov, Principles of Practical Combustion Theory [in Russian], Énergoatomizdat, Leningrad (1986).Google Scholar
- 6.B. B. Rokhman and A. S. Matveichuk, Simulation and numericalinvestigation of the processes of thermochemical processing of a biomass and coals in fixed-bed furnaces. Pt. 2. Pneumotransport zone, Ékotekhnol.Resursosber., No. 2, 9–17 (2012).Google Scholar
- 7.V. I. Babii and Yu. F. Kuvaev, Coal Dust Combustion and Calculation of the Dust Coal Flame [in Russian], Énergoatomizdat, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar
- 9.N. V. Chernyavskii, Mechanism of gas release retardation in thermocontact coal pyrolysis, Prom. Teplotekh., No. 1, 41–48 (2000).Google Scholar
- 10.G. R. McCullouth, M. J. van der Burgt, and J. Walker, Shell gasification process, in: Proc. 8 th Annual Int. Conf. Coal Gasification, Liquefaction, and Conversion to Electricity, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (1981), pp. 41–64.Google Scholar