Visualization of the Interaction of Weak Disturbances of a Flow with the Boundary Layer
- 35 Downloads
Results of experimental investigations of flows around wedge-shaped obstacles of different height installed in a supersonic conical nozzle at M = 2.7 by the methods of color surface visualization and "laser knife" are presented. The influence of the interaction of weak disturbances of these flows by the passive side of the obstacles with the boundary layer on their structure and behavior was determined. The side force of the nozzle was measured.
Keywordscolor visualization inner channel Laval nozzle wedge-shaped obstacle weak disturbances boundary layer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. N. Abramovich, Applied Gas Dynamics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1969).Google Scholar
- 2.P. I. Kovalev and N. P Mende, An Album of Supersonic Flows [in Russian], Izd. Gos. Politekhn. Univ., St. Petersburg (2011).Google Scholar
- 3.M. Van Dyke, An Album of Fluid Motion [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar
- 4.G. F. Glotov, Aerothermodynamics of Flying Vehicles in Photographs [in Russian], Izd. TsAGI, Zhukovskii (2003).Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Zheltovodov, Three-dimensional interaction of a shock wave generated by a wedge-like obstacle with a turbulent boundary layer, in: Collect. Sci. Papers of the Siberian Branch, Series: Astrophysical Investigations, Issue 6, Novosibirsk (1976).Google Scholar
- 6.A. D. Chaplits, Experimental investigation of fl ows around the wedge-like obstacles in supersonic conical nozzles, Vestn. Dnepropetrovsk. Univ., Ser.: Raket.-Kosm. Tekh., Issue 3, 54–62 (1999).Google Scholar
- 7.A. D. Chaplits and A. I. Astapov, Visualization of Gas Flows in Inner Channels [in Russian], Izd. NAN Ukrainy I NKA Ukrainy, Inst. Tekh. Mekh., Dnepropetrovsk (2007).Google Scholar
- 8.A. D. Chaplits, Improvement of the method of visualization of gas fl ows in the inner channels of technical facilities, Vostoch.-Evrop. Zh. Peredov. Tekhnol., No. 6/7, 54–58 (2012).Google Scholar
- 9.A. D. Chaplits, A Method of Visualization of a Gas Flow over a Surface, Patent No. 64473 of Ukraine, MPK G01 M 9.00, 201104484; applied 08.04.11; published 10.11.11. Byull. No. 21.Google Scholar
- 10.R. Gonzalez, Numerical Processing of Images [Russian translation], Tekhnosfera, Moscow (2005).Google Scholar