Contact Heat Conductivity Under Conditions of High-Temperature Heat Transfer in Fibrous Heat-Insulating Materials
- 70 Downloads
A mathematical model for calculating the effective heat conductivity of fibrous materials at high temperatures and variable density has been suggested and substantiated. Consideration is focused basically on accounting for heat conduction in the solid phase of a fibrous material. The calculated results were compared with experimental data that demonstrated a good accuracy of the proposed model. The effective heat conductivity of a fibrous heat-insulating material has been calculated as a function of density for a number of temperatures within the range from 200 to 1000°C.
Keywordsfibrous heat-insulating materials effective heat conductivity contact heat exchange
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. S. Grinchuk, N. I. Stetyukevich, V. F. Shevtsov, and E. V. Chernukho, The effective heat conductivity coefficient of fibrous heat-insulating materials with a variable density, Heat- and Mass Transfer–2013, Collection of Papers of the A. V. Luikov Heat and Mass Transfer Institute, Minsk (2013), pp. 270–275.Google Scholar
- 2.Product Data Brochure. P. 7 Blanket Products. Morgan Crucible. Thermal Ceramics. Datasheet Code 5-5-01 R. (URL http://www.morganthermalceramics.com/fi les/datasheets/ cerablanketcerachemcerachromeblanketrussian.pdf ). Date of access 05.12.2013 г.
- 3.G. N. Dul’nev and V. N. Novikov, Transfer Processes in Inhomogeneous Media [in Russian], Énergoatomizdat, Leningrad (1991).Google Scholar
- 5.N. V. Pavlyukevich, Introduction to the Theory of Heat and Mass Transfer in Porous Media [in Russian], Izd. ITMO NANB, Minsk (2002).Google Scholar
- 6.M. B. Gutman (Ed.), Materials for Electrothermal Plants: Handbook [in Russian], Énergoatomizdat, Moscow (1987).Google Scholar
- 7.K. Keller, J. Blumenberg, and J. Tomsik, Fibre orientation and the conduction of heat by a gas enclosed in ceramic layers, Z.Flugwiss.Weltraum., 12, 258–260 (1988).Google Scholar
- 8.V. P. Kolienko, Modeling of the thermal properties of energy-saving fibrous heat-insulating materials, Heat- and Mass Transfer–2012, Collection of Papers of the A. V. Luikov Heat and Mass Transfer Institute, Minsk (2013), pp. 300–304.Google Scholar
- 9.K. Daryabeigi, Heat transfer in high-temperature fi brous insulation, AIAA, Paper 2002–3332.Google Scholar
- 10.K. Daryabeigi, Thermal analysis and design of multi-layer insulation for re-entry aerodynamic heating, AIAA, Paper 2001–2834.Google Scholar
- 13.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshits, Elasticity Theory [in Russian], Vol. 7, 4th revised edn., Nauka, Moscow (1987).Google Scholar