Asymptotic Law of Attenuation of Overcompressed Detonation Waves in Gases
- 42 Downloads
Basic propositions of an isothermal detonation model used for a simplified description of overcompressed detonation waves in gases have been formulated. Within the framework of the present model, the author has derived an asymptotic law of attenuation of plane overcompressed detonation up to the Chapman–Jouguet regime in accordance with which the detonation-front velocity decreases more slowly than was considered to be the case before.
Keywordsdetonation waves degree of overcompression detonation products isothermal medium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. A. Baum, L. P. Orlenko, K. P. Stanyukovich, et al., The Physics of Explosion [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1975).Google Scholar
- 2.G. G. Chernyi, Asymptotic law of plane detonation wave propagation, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 172, No. 3, 558–560 (1967).Google Scholar
- 3.V. A. Levin and G. G. Chernyi, Asymptotic laws of the behavior of detonation waves, Prikl. Mat. Mekh., 31, Issue 3, 393–405 (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.L. I. Sedov, Similarity and Dimensional Methods in Mechanics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1965).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. A. Nikolaev and M. E. Topchiyan, Calculation of equilibrium flows and detonation waves in gases, Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva, 13, No. 3, 393–404 (1977).Google Scholar
- 6.E. S. Prokhorov, Simplified approach to the simulation of detonation waves in gases, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., 86, No. 1, 138–144 (2013).Google Scholar
- 7.Yu. A. Nikolaev and P. A. Fomin, On the calculation of equilibrium flows of chemically reactive gases, Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva, 18, No. 1, 66–72 (1982).Google Scholar
- 8.E. S. Prokhorov, Approximate model for calculating equilibrium flows of chemically reactive gases, Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva, 32, No. 3, 77–85 (1996).Google Scholar
- 9.Yu. A. Nikolaev and P. A. Fomin, Approximate equation of the kinetics in the gas–condensed phase-type heterogeneous systems, Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva, 19, No. 6, 49–58 (1983).Google Scholar
- 10.V. V. Mitrofanov, Detonation of Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Systems [in Russian], Izd. Inst. Gidrodinamiki im. M. A. Lavrentieva (IGiL) SO RAN, Novosibirsk (2003).Google Scholar
- 11.K. P. Stanyukovich, Unsteady-State Motions of a Continuous Medium [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1971).Google Scholar